Here's my PURCHASE for the 1520, 2520 - $226 including taxes!

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Sup Cutie!

The rep said they were both the same ETF. He seemed to think they were 275, but that they could be 300. I didn't pressure him too much about it because I really have no intentions of ET.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks good if you need it but for me I would have to add a $15/month data plan and take a two year contract. By the time I add up all those fees $100 (initial price) + ($15x24 months) that comes out to $460. I can see this thing selling for $400 off contract within a year. The keyboard bundle may make it a deal though. If you don't really need some type of mobile internet it's just kind of a dubious offer.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Ahh, I think it is $10 to add a tablet to the Family Share and $15 if you are still on the al a carte line plans.

Cool. I'm not giving up unlimited LTE for that. Once I get a 1520 streaming netfilx and Hulu plus is going to be even more enjoyable. I was drooling when I saw this but started crunching the numbers and got cold feet :crying: Anyway I'm still on contract.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
On AT&T, my sister used to get new iPhones by adding a new line and then calling and changing the line to a basic $10/mo line once she got home.

You still pay for the line for 2 yrs, but it's a better deal than the monthly lease if you want to make payments on the phone itself.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Make sure it's an actual ATT STORE, not just an authorized retailer. The stores should match the price.

@kev - the offer says with a purchase of the 925,1020 or 1520... That's how I explained it and got it.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Make sure it's an actual ATT STORE, not just an authorized retailer. The stores should match the price.

@kev - the offer says with a purchase of the 925,1020 or 1520... That's how I explained it and got it.

It was an actual AT&T store. Not just an authorized reseller.

The rep mentioned that they don't have any codes that allow them to sell it $100 cheaper. And that the website specifically mentions that the deal is online only.

He said that people have been asking about price match the AT&T website all day for several phones.

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
It was an actual AT&T store. Not just an authorized reseller.

The rep mentioned that they don't have any codes that allow them to sell it $100 cheaper. And that the website specifically mentions that the deal is online only.

He said that people have been asking about price match the AT&T website all day for several phones.

Hmm.. that's odd. Have you checked other ATT stores? I say it's odd because I was mentioning the deal on the web, and the rep I talked to said, "well we match any of our own prices on the web." So he volunteered the info; I didn't ask the question. Any of the deals I mentioned we looked up on the web and he made the adjustment right there.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hmm.. that's odd. Have you checked other ATT stores? I say it's odd because I was mentioning the deal on the web, and the rep I talked to said, "well we match any of our own prices on the web." So he volunteered the info; I didn't ask the question. Any of the deals I mentioned we looked up on the web and he made the adjustment right there.

I should try looking around. It probably mainly depends on the store manager.

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Went to my local at&t corporate store and they were doing the usual half @$$ed promotion of Windows Phone. Well the phones were close to the entrance so that is a welcome change but the staff that was just sitting around had no idea about the 2520 bundle deal. They mentioned some $50 BS smartpone rebate and that was it. They said they probably won't even get the 2520 in their store. They claim only certain stores are getting it. They didn't mention the $100 off smartphones. They didn't mention the $100 trade in offer. Man it was just such a weak sales job. How can these people know so little about company promotions? If I worked at that place I would cruise sites like this and I assume internal company communications and pitch all this stuff to everyone that walked in the door. I don't get it.

Last edited:

Citizen X

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I hear you. I just wanted other users to know they weren't going crazy. The apathy and ignorance is widespread. I am very familiar with sitting on top of retail help and walking them through stuff they should already know how to do. Neither the 2520 deal nor the $100 trade in deal is anything exotic. I mean the $100 deal tells you to go into an at&t store to hand in your phone. So really that's $300 worth of deals they should offer when you walk through the door. Stacking it with the web price might be tricky but the first two items mentioned show go smoothly.

But really all these guys do is sell phones for a living. How can they not even know their own corporate promotions?

Phrozty

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes.. admittedly, I was lucky as hell when the 2 people I talked to (one from each store) were both the ONLY WP enthusiasts in the stores lol.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
The rep at my store specifically said he was aware of the web price. He just said he couldn't match it. Boo!

I'd love to get a match... and then trade in my Titan for $100. Boom! Walk out with a 1520 for a price of Free Fifty-Free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss