Horrible call quality ,sound far away

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Can someone tell me why this happens. I've been through 5 Lumia 920's and randomly people tell me I sound far away. Im using a Nokia case and it happens when the case is removed. This has happened on all 5 of my 920's.

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey,
I use a 920 the callers on the otherside say I sounded fine, tested this a few months back.

Are you locked to a carrier? Can it be that carrier call quality itself is low?

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Im on att. Its weird . I've been through 5 cyan 920's since launch . 2 due to battery issues, 2 with firmware screw up issues and now this id my 5th and if I make 10 calls a day half say I sound far away,like im covering the mic. This has happened on everyone of my phones and on my brothers white 920. I just don't understand. It happens with or without a cover

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Im on att. Its weird . I've been through 5 cyan 920's since launch . 2 due to battery issues, 2 with firmware screw up issues and now this id my 5th and if I make 10 calls a day half say I sound far away,like im covering the mic. This has happened on everyone of my phones and on my brothers white 920. I just don't understand. It happens with or without a cover

I have two thoughts on this:
1. Either I and my friends are accustomed to hearing me at a lower volume since my previous device was a Lumia 800 and they gotten used to me talking on it.
2. The carrier has issues with your area/ location. (btw I use Vodafone)

maybe someone with AT&T Lumia can reply.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
My guess is Crash's #2 statement is probably the case. I use a Rogers Lumia 920 on T-Mobile and have never been told my phone gives bad sound quality. I was even told by people that my Lumia 810 that I used previously had great sound quality. Hmm...

homieson89

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
This happens to me at times also with my lumia 920. The fix to this? For me is to hold the phone how its suppose to be held. Get close to the mic. I think its because of the special mics nokia uses to keep loud noises from distorting the sound quality when recording a video has an effect on the mic when calling someone.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
It happened again while on the phone wirh att tech support so they are sending me another phone #6 since launch . 😞 the phone call was fine then all of a sudden he said you sound very far away. I put it on speaker phone and it was fine then back to the mix and it was still messed up.

Sakeeboy

Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I had same exact problem with my first unit. But I had figured that if you blow softly in the noise mic at the top (5 tiny holes opposite to SIM tray) it would make my voice sound louder to the remote caller. But then Nokia replaced my phone for battery issues and new unit never showed this problem.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried that as well. Its just an odd issue because the phone call starts off fine then just sounds lousy . I tested it last night ,I called my phone from my wife's iPhone and out of 8 calls 5 started fine then after a few min the phone sounded bad. Ohwell #6 is on its way and after #6 im taking break from wp8. After Dec I might go with an HTC android phone .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
luiandovaf