How many of you use OneNote on Windows Phone?

ratsttam

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: How many of you OneNote on Windows Phone?

I use it heavily. Important information, grocery lists, general notes, etc. I love how it works and syncs between WP (main), Android (alt), iOS (wife), desktop/laptop computers (both personal and work). I can trust that I won't lose anything since it jumps to every other device via the skydrive integration. Even from the officeweb site on any computer.

gab1972

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site

I must be missing something...I use it like, never. Not because it isn't great - I don't know, I probably haven't given it a fair shot - but because it seems to be lacking and a bit cumbersome in some areas.

Lacking:
- ability to save a web article from IE straight to OneNote. Please, if anyone knows how to do this, let me know. But if you use IE and find a web article you like and want to save it to OneNote, you can't. When you select menu and share, OneNote is not an option. So, for now, I use Pocket (with the accompanying Pouch app). I email the article to Pocket so I can save it for later. It'd be nice if you could do this in OneNote. ESPECIALLY since it's a native app on the WP device!

Cumbersome:
- you can't make a new Notebook from the main screen. If you launch OneNote and you're at the Notebooks screen, there is no option to create a new Notebook. You have to go to the mobile site or SkyDrive and create a Notebook and then sync in OneNote for it to show up.

There's a few other gripes, but these are the biggest for me.

So I like to use Boxd and TinyDo. Boxd has a nice UI and is simple; however, it doesn't allow you to save voice, pictures, maps, etc. TinyDo is dead simple and has a great UI. You can input by voice and create categories. I use this one a lot for making tasks and remembering quick little things because it's so simple.

Maybe I just need to give OneNote a genuine shot.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I've only used it occasional to check notes that I made on my Surface RT.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I use it all the time. With the WP8 app, the Win8/RT app, and the desktop application, I consider it to one of the platform's "killer apps".

you can't make a new Notebook from the main screen

I think the WP8 app is designed to be a companion app.

possumdel

Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Like others have said, I also use it for quick notes. My solution to the problem of not being able to save an IE address is just to copy and paste only the info I want from the webpage. Another use I thought of last year is to create a Christmas shopping list. I enter each of my family member's names on a separate line followed by a hyphen. Then, throughout the year, anytime an idea comes up I go to OneNote and type it in next to the name. Come December, I have a nice list to work with and my Christmas shopping experience is so much easier and pleasant. After Christmas I just delete the gift ideas, leaving the names and do it all over again

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Me me me me! I love it. I have bunch of notes 'thoughts" on marketing etc. Meeting notes... Also I have all my passwords. All in sync with my desktop...

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

wouldn't want to miss it between my WP8 and Surface RT. one of the most used apps on my Surface and Phone for meetings.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site

I think OneNote is the hidden killer app for windows phone. I use it all the time.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

I use it as well, but I use it as a weight tracker for my workouts. I also use it for some personal things and for quick notes. It is flawless.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sobev25996