How many WP8 owners don't own XBoxes?

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
It added nothing to the discussion other than an attempt to flame the xbox.

The xbox live gold subscription for multiplayer existed before Netflix, lovefilm etc. were available. The fact that they are behind the Gold sub paywall makes no difference you would still have to have a Netflix sub to watch films - if you don't want to pay for the xbox live gold service you don't have to, Netflix, lovefilm etc are all readily available on PC, tablets, mobiles and the majority of the new TV's.

Nice explanation.. I owe you a thanks..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India gdr3

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't. I do have a Sega Genesis and PS1 though.. But, they've been in drawers for the last 2 years. I play my games on my 8X..

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
It added nothing to the discussion other than an attempt to flame the xbox.

The xbox live gold subscription for multiplayer existed before Netflix, lovefilm etc. were available. The fact that they are behind the Gold sub paywall makes no difference you would still have to have a Netflix sub to watch films - if you don't want to pay for the xbox live gold service you don't have to, Netflix, lovefilm etc are all readily available on PC, tablets, mobiles and the majority of the new TV's.
It makes a difference when Netflix and co. don't require PSN Plus on PS3 or PS4. What can the Xbox One even do with a silver subscription? As far as I know, literally every feature it has is gold only, except for playing games. And what's up with the ads? Don't you already pay for a subscription, why show ads??

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It makes a difference when Netflix and co. don't require PSN Plus on PS3 or PS4. What can the Xbox One even do with a silver subscription? As far as I know, literally every feature it has is gold only, except for playing games. And what's up with the ads? Don't you already pay for a subscription, why show ads??

The PSN Plus service was (cant comment on Plus on PS4 yet) massively inferior to Xbox Live multiplayer to the point of not even being comparable. As I said if you don't want the gold live subscription you don't have to have it as Netflix and co are readily available via numerous other formats. Im willing to pay the Gold sub to get a better multiplayer experience, have done since the 360 launch, so carrying on paying it for the same service on the Xbox One makes no difference to me. As for the ads, to be honest they are so minimal as to be unnoticeable and only show targeted gaming or film content that you would be interested in.

Even Sony have realised the PSN multiplayer was so poor that they are now charging for multiplayer services on PS4 in order to improve it.

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The PSN Plus service was (cant comment on Plus on PS4 yet) massively inferior to Xbox Live multiplayer to the point of not even being comparable. As I said if you don't want the gold live subscription you don't have to have it as Netflix and co are readily available via numerous other formats. Im willing to pay the Gold sub to get a better multiplayer experience, have done since the 360 launch, so carrying on paying it for the same service on the Xbox One makes no difference to me. As for the ads, to be honest they are so minimal as to be unnoticeable and only show targeted gaming or film content that you would be interested in.

Even Sony have realised the PSN multiplayer was so poor that they are now charging for multiplayer services on PS4 in order to improve it.

Except for that outage a few years ago, I never had a problem with PSN. PSN Plus was just a goodie, with stuff like free games and themes every month.

And even though you have to pay for multiplayer on the PS4, you still get Netflix apps and etc. without a subscription. Plus you don't get ads even as a free user.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Except for that outage a few years ago, I never had a problem with PSN. PSN Plus was just a goodie, with stuff like free games and themes every month.

And even though you have to pay for multiplayer on the PS4, you still get Netflix apps and etc. without a subscription. Plus you don't get ads even as a free user.

Going from PSN to Xbox as a gamer is a no contest in favour of the Xbox - my PS3 got relegated to a bluray player then eventually sold a couple of years ago due to my personal preference on xbox exclusives. And I would rather have ads that tell me whats coming up or available than just having a line with some icons giving me no info whatsoever on upcoming content.

brunoadduarte

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site

Problem is, people may not want or may not be able to use those services on those other devices for a number of reasons. I kind of agree that paying to pay is stupid to say the least. Hell, I even think it's stupid to pay to be able to play MP games. But that's just me being crazy, since thankfully, I don't pay anything apart from the game to play a MP game on the PC.

Ads are minimal, so they're excused? We have different views on customer service quality than...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EricaFork