How many WP8 owners don't own XBoxes?

abel920

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I am a Microsoft devotee, a ******, a crazy Windows loon, but I grew up with PS, and that's what I think I am going to buy. But I don't know - I really want an Xbox 1 too.

Last edited:

TLRtheory

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I used to be a PlayStation guy up until the ps3. Owning that drove me up the wall! Right from the get go we had years of waiting for our system to stop being treated as a bluray player and get recognized as a game console... our version of CoD4 didn't even get trophies while 360 users got achievements. Then we didn't get Left4Dead at all, our Tales of Vesperia got canceled, the motion control medium flopped hard, the psn indie content didn't hold a candle to all the outstanding indie/avatar games that XBLA was getting, pre-PSX era classics were a lot slimmer, apps section is a barren wasteland...it was just a mess...as of last month, I'm with the 360. Controller is better, game content is better. I'm a happy camper now :)

...and so far, looks like X1 is running the game in software too. Killer instinct, Quantum Break, Titanfall, freaking RYSE!!!... the only interesting PS4 game (Kingdom Hearts 3) is even headed to the X1.

Last edited:

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been into Windows Mobile since way back ( Casio E125 and Casio BE300 ), however it was always my interest in original NES games on a mobile that hooked me.
I had a PS3 for about 6 months, but sold it cause I just never got into it. I played my Dreamcast more (WinCe) :love:
So I have never felt the need to get an XBox until now. My Nokia 1020 has blown my socks off for game play and now I find I spend more time in the XBox app.........I may just yet buy an XBox One, whenever EB Games starts to sell Referb units..........maybe.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Ps3 super slim with 250gb..
I dont prefer xbox, just for sake of getting rewards listed on my modile device..
I still have ps1/2/3, psp, ndsi.. I avoid xbox, cz I prefer Sony for gaming..

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India gdr3

techiez

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This was a quote from the http://forums.windowscentral.com/ga...e-lets-mobilize-reverse-trend-savexboxwp.html thread.

Is Xbox one of the biggest draws for everyone?
Or just gamers?

I'm a non-gamer. This interests me. I picked the WP environment because a: it came on a Nokia and b: it looked different and the integration with Windows itself looked promising.

How many people are actually XBox owners and WP8 owners?
Are they a minority?
Did this integration put people off and is this why MS is easing up on the integration?

The use of the XBox name for games and music has been there since the Lumia 800 and WP7. If you are loyal to another console, would you be happy seeing it on your phone and PC screen every time you used it? As a non gamer I'm not bothered about the loyalty but I also don't want to see the XBox name everywhere in an environment just because it was made by the same company.
Will it be in the next suite of Office Tools too?

I'd suggest there is a massive percentage of people who have a Windows 8 environment on the PC and phone but DON'T play with consoles. Is this is why the swing away from XBox has happened - are people being put off by it or is the market share of interested users not as great as MS predicted?

I'd be interested to see any stats about WP owners vs XBox owners.

Much of the share of WP specially in markets where it is doing good, India, Europe, Latin Americas, SE Asia, it is mostly due to Nokia brand, XBox is not even remotely the reason for why ppl bought a WP and as for Xbox integration the way MS handled it I'm sure it is a dead factor now.

willybraatlund

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Playstation all the waaay!

I was drawn to WP because of Nokia. I guess you could say I'm conservative in some way, because I have always had Nokia (like 17 of them since my first in 2000), always had Playstation (1, 2 and 3). Also when it comes to computer I have windows and always have been using windows (98, xp, vista, 7 and 8). I also bought a Surface, but I sold it to my friend because I didn't use it.

But to be honest, I have been thinking of replacing my PS3 for xbox one just because of the eco system. And I have always thought that the xbox controller is so much better then the ps one.
But time will show, I'm going to wait a while before buying a new console anyway.

8Code

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
WP8 is my first smartphone (Lumia 820). I chose it because of the Nokia brand and the Modern UI which I really like.
I'm a PC casual gamer so I didn't care much about Xbox mobile games, or Xbox and consoles in general, but I have to admit that once i got my Lumia I started to think about purchasing an Xbox One, maybe not now because I can't afford it. I own also a Windows 8 laptop, and I would like to see how all this MS stuff will integrate togheter. Hope that the "One Microsoft" plan will succed.

eroselim

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't have XBOX , but I do have a WP Device. Simply because, I love how WP Devices works and the looks , I found them really really interesting. Lumia 620 User here by the way.

hysonmb

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
I've been an Xbox gamer since the first one launched, been on Xbox Live since it was in beta, and continue to game on my console as well as my PC. I've been a Windows Phone user since it was Windows Mobile with only a 6 month foray into Android while I was still with Sprint and waiting for them to release their first WP7 device.
The Xbox games integration had no impact on my decision to go with Windows Phone. Honestly, while I do play games on my phone it wouldn't have stopped me from buying a Windows Phone if there were no games available for them at all, that's not an important feature for me.

Jan Tomsic

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I've always been a PC gamer guy, apart from one PSP I've never had a console, so I don't care for integration, and I don't care if its called Xbox music, play music or iTunes, as long as it works, which it rarely does outside US. I got the 925 because of Nokia, camera and I know how laggy android gets even on a high end device.
I do have the xbox360 gamepad for Windows, I use it for racing games, i play shooters and similar (GTA) with mouse and keyboard. If I was to get a console it would be just for GTA 5, and since I'm used to Xbox controller I'd get the Xbox, Sony has its own ecosystem that never really appealed to me, although once you're inside the game it really doesn't matter. I don't have a TV so I'd connect either console to my 23" monitor so the experience would be the same as on PC.

Sent from my white Lumia 925 using Tapatalk

Ezhik

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ew, Xbox. Having to buy a subscription service to use subscription services is the most ridiculous thing that I've ever heard.

martinmc78

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
^^ reason??

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 625 India gdr3

It added nothing to the discussion other than an attempt to flame the xbox.

The xbox live gold subscription for multiplayer existed before Netflix, lovefilm etc. were available. The fact that they are behind the Gold sub paywall makes no difference you would still have to have a Netflix sub to watch films - if you don't want to pay for the xbox live gold service you don't have to, Netflix, lovefilm etc are all readily available on PC, tablets, mobiles and the majority of the new TV's.

altopiet

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a WP because of Nokia, a brand that always gave me quality phones. Unfortunately I don't have time to play between work and my hobby...so not even games on my phone😊

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb