How to eliminate Exchange question when opening Calendar?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
How to eliminate Exchange question when opening Calendar

One of my Windows 8.1 PCs that's a dedicated HTPC was using local accounts. I converted one of the accounts on that PC to an MS account. Every time I start Calendar under that account I have to answer the following question:

Add your email account (on a blue band with a calendar icon to the right)

Is <account email> an Exchange Activesync (EAS) account?

Yes No

Is there a way for it to remember the answer (NO), because it ain't ever going to change.

And if nobody know that, does anyone know what kind of irreversible disaster will ensue when I accidentally click YES at some point?

TIA

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I always ask questions far too hard for the forum.

For the next person fed up with this message, in my case I finally lied and answered yes to the question. I was then asked for information to prove it. I cancelled out and it no longer asks the question.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I always ask questions far too hard for the forum.

For the next person fed up with this message, in my case I finally lied and answered yes to the question. I was then asked for information to prove it. I cancelled out and it no longer asks the question.
I don't think the questions are "too hard". It's just that most members of this forum are consumers or home users. Enterprise related questions such as Exchange are probably out of the scope of most members.

I'm glad you got it sorted.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Enterprise related questions such as Exchange are probably out of the scope of most members.
I'm a home Wiindows user. The question was about a home Windows PC. The question wasn't about Exchange. The PC was never associated with Exchange. The question was how to get Windows to STOP asking if a calendar that was never in Exchange was associated with Exchange. It would not remember a NO answer and asked every time the calendar was opened. And of course a YES answer would be incorrect. So bottom line, its a Windows bug that causes it to forget the No answer.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm a home Wiindows user. The question was about a home Windows PC. The question wasn't about Exchange. The PC was never associated with Exchange. The question was how to get Windows to STOP asking if a calendar that was never in Exchange was associated with Exchange. It would not remember a NO answer and asked every time the calendar was opened. And of course a YES answer would be incorrect. So bottom line, its a Windows bug that causes it to forget the No answer.
Sorry about that!

I misunderstood your question and thought you were trying to access your work Exchange account.

Yes, that's definitely a bug!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)