How to get HERE Maps, Drive and Transit on non-Lumia phones

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Before I start, I would like to thank Testeur 1970, and dorelse for their assistance with this.

This guide is for phones with Windows 8.1 only.

You will need (preferably all together):
  • your phone
  • the Windows Central app on your phone
  • your computer or someone else's

To get HERE Maps, do the following:
1. Open the Windows Central app on your phone (it isn't free in the store, but using the trial for this will also work too)
2. You will load on the News tab, so then swipe to the Browse tab
3. Tap the forums button
4. Swipe to the More tab and then tap browse forums
5. Swipe 4 times or at least until you get to the Windows Phones tab
6. Tap General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge
7. Scroll down until you see the thread titled "How to get HERE Maps, Drive and Transit on non-Lumia phones"
8a. In the app under my name (libra89) and avatar, click the button that says "links"
8b. Click this link to get HERE maps : https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...pps%2Fhere-maps%2F9wzdncrfhw6d&token=6NQHsdU_

Clicking that link will take you automatically to the store, and you will have the option to install the app there.

To get HERE Drive and HERE Transit, do the following:
1. Go to windowscentral.com on the computer, click Forums, and then scroll down to General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge
2. Click General Windows Phone Discussion Lounge and look for this thread (How to get HERE Maps, Drive and Transit on non-Lumia phones) near the top of the forum
3. Click the title to view the thread
4a. Go to the action center on your phone by pulling your finger down from the top of the screen and tap Camera
OR
4b. Swipe right, then scroll down until you see the app titled Camera and tap it
5. Tap the second icon near the top of Camera mode. It's next to the button that looks like a camera
6. Tap Bing Vision
7. Point the camera towards these QR codes for HERE Drive and HERE Transit (the black and white boxes on the right) in the image below:
Capture du 2015-12-23 09-19-11.png
8. You will see links pop up with the QR code, which you can scan both at the same time or one at a time
9. Tap it and you will be automatically taken to the store to install HERE Drive and HERE Transit.

Notes:
1. HERE Maps is also on that image with QR codes, but it did not work for me, only the above link did.
2. I haven't tried HERE City Lens or Mixradio, but you are welcome to.

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Will not work for WM10. If you're running 8.1 you can just go to the store-my apps and it will show all apps you have ever installed, find HERE apps and re-install them.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Will not work for WM10. If you're running 8.1 you can just go to the store-my apps and it will show all apps you have ever installed, find HERE apps and re-install them.
Thank you for confirming that they will not work on WM10. However, that my apps thing only works for Lumia devices when it comes to the HERE apps.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

The OP's second sentence is that this is for 8.1 only.

On my Lumia 1520.3 running 8.1 If I do as you advise, when I attempt to enter HERE Drive + or HERE Maps it just spins and spins and never finishes loading...

On the "MY Apps" list itself, they are shown as Not Available.

wp_ss_20151224_0001.jpg

bucfan11

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
Did you try it the way the OP suggested? If so, did it work? I confirmed it did not work with WM10, maybe you can confirm it does work for 8.1.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Did you try it the way the OP suggested? If so, did it work? I confirmed it did not work with WM10, maybe you can confirm it does work for 8.1.

I'm on the road and am not willing to delete HERE products from my Lumia daily driver... I will try after I return home on my backup, which is a non-Lumia as stated in the title.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
NOTE that HERE Transit is back in the store: Here Transit returns to the Windows Phone store - WMPoweruser

Testing on my BLU Win HD LTE...

So the hyperlink listed above works with BLU (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...pps%2Fhere-maps%2F9wzdncrfhw6d&token=O1PvqBdn) to bring me to HERE Maps In the store. I didn't need the Windows Central App either. I just went there from IE browser in desktop mode on my BLU.

wp_ss_20151228_0001.jpg

On my Lumia 1520.3 the hyperlink takes me to the Browser version of the UWP store and when I click on "get the app" I go to an error screen stating the item is "not available in the store"...

None of the QR codes shown above are working for me on either device. I get 404 errors on the BLU and "not available in the store" on the Lumia.

I found this QR that works to navigate to HERE Drive+ on the BLU and the Lumia.

Capture02.png

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, that's really strange, but thank you for testing! Sorry that the QR codes did not work, the only one that worked for me was the Drive one (I included Transit because it popped up when I scanned them originally). You can edit my post with your image, so hopefully it can be useful to someone else.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb