How to install Redstone 14356

saputraj

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Like I said in my previous post, I had the same issue when browsing the registries. It crashed when opening Platform.

What I did, I use the Registry Editor and Write them manually instead of using the Registry Browser.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm using an HTC One M8 so I can't help you to resolve your issue immediately. I will however do some research on your behalf.

Update ... Ok I managed to install W10 on my HTC One M8 from WP8.1 Update 2 ( No thanks to Microsoft for removing the M8 from TP supported devices.) ... Now trying to work my way up to AU & then Redstone.

Update .. 14393.67 is currently downloading. WooooWiieee !!!!

Update ... 14393.67 Installed to my HTC ONE M8 after going back to WP8.1 U2.

Many thanks to SolariXxX who responded & pointed me in the correct direction.

Usain Bolt for the Gold medal in Rio ... Proud Jamaican !!

Any chance of posting the tested English upgrade path? Thanks!

starpageup

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I wish I could help y'all more, and I wish no one had problems getting the original instructions to work. Naturally, persistence is key, get ready to upgrade, restart, start over, get frustrated and do it all again. I've been a windows mobile user since the beginning, and I mean the very beginning, some sort of Motorola flip phone, so I'm used to this.

Remember that we're way off the beaten path right now so you have to try try and try again.

Thanks again everyone on this......I just upgraded from 10586 to 14393.67 on my HTC One M8 T-Mobile and everything looks good so far.

I used the Interop Tools from GUS33000 and edited the Registry to Nokia 737 as mentioned by benj1091 in his initial post. Signed in for the fast ring, got the update and restarted the phone. Everything is alright after this, update went fine. Restored the registry back to HTC 0P6B140 (...as it is for T-Mobile device...)

One thing though....I went back to insider program after upgrade, and now I see that I am signed Release Preview and not to Fast Ring anymore. Maybe this is because I was signed in to Release Preview from before I did the upgrade steps.

Anyways, its been great moving to 14393 from 10586 and I could observe a lot of changes which are amazing...also I noticed that my phone's battery is lasting longer with this new update but hey its just one day I had this....so maybe its too early to comment on it.

I will update if I see any major issues......thanks.

Last edited:

Thirsty4Media

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I tried to just write them and received an error. Can you give me the steps? I tried using HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo as the Registry Key Path with PhoneManufacturer as the Registry Value Name and NOKIA as the Registry Value Data.

saputraj

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried to just write them and received an error. Can you give me the steps? I tried using HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo as the Registry Key Path with PhoneManufacturer as the Registry Value Name and NOKIA as the Registry Value Data.

Here's what I did:

Registry Hive: HKey_Local_Machine
Registry Type: String
Registry Key Path: SYSTEM\Platform\DeviceTargetingInfo
Registry Value Name: PhoneManufacturer
Registry Value Data: NOKIA

Hit Write Data

Repeat it again for the other two

I suggest you uninstall the older Interop Unlock tools and download the latest one from think link: Interop Tools Appx for Windows 10 Mobile - r… | Windows 10 Development and Hacking

Since it's installed in System, you need to go to Settings\Systems\Storage\This Device\Apps & Games to uninstall it

The newer version (I used InteropToolsApp_beta_1.7_0.0.157.0_arm.zip - [Click for QR Code] (17.82 MB, 20506 views)) is no longer crashed.

bdchambers79

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
How are the new versions doing? I tried this when it was first posted, but had too many stability issues, and rolled back to Release Preview

khaledsayed

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm using an HTC One M8 so I can't help you to resolve your issue immediately. I will however do some research on your behalf.

Update ... Ok I managed to install W10 on my HTC One M8 from WP8.1 Update 2 ( No thanks to Microsoft for removing the M8 from TP supported devices.) ... Now trying to work my way up to AU & then Redstone.

Update .. 14393.67 is currently downloading. WooooWiieee !!!!

Update ... 14393.67 Installed to my HTC ONE M8 after going back to WP8.1 U2.

Many thanks to SolariXxX who responded & pointed me in the correct direction.

Usain Bolt for the Gold medal in Rio ... Proud Jamaican !!

pleas post way to update htc one m8 from win 8.1 to 10 step by step as you do it

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Anybody running 14393.105 yet. I can't seem to push this one through. I am running .103 but my phone has been a little finicky. Any ideas or am I missing something on this update. Oh... I'm on release preview ring with Verizon mobile and using the Lumia 735 registries outlined in the beginning of this forum. Thanks in advance.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Nevermind I got this as a patch today and yes the method outlined in the beginning of this forum is still working. Hopefully this will fix some of the bug's I have been experiencing.

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I can verify that this patch has my phone working better than the .103 build alone did. A lot less freezing. Although the camera app is still a bit funky. It seems to clash with the multi lenses or something. But I do use this phone as a daily driver if anybody's wondering. And sorry I'm unsure of the answers to the previous questions, sorry.

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm now really interested in doin this for my verizon phone. my question is do i still follow the steps of post 1? all the other posts confuse me

Matthew Crawford

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Yes. But if your still on windows 8.1. I'm not sure you can get insider app anymore. Try getting the windows insider app. And if you get it. Go with release preview ring. Then follow these steps in the forum.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750