How to know if Flight Info is detected?

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Is there any way of knowing whether the flight info has been correctly pulled from my email beforehand? Should it show in interests under settings or anything? I've got a flight on Sunday, and I'm wondering if it's just too early in the week for it to be showing anywhere, or if for some reason it's not properly pulling the information from my JetBlue confirmation.

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Last week for my trip for some reason even though the reservation and boarding pass were both sent to my hotmail account the Flight info did not show up when I fired up Cortana. I just relied on my United App on the phone.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
So my flight is now in a little less than 24 hours, and still zero information being shown by Cortana.

I realize that flight info is hard since each airline uses a different format, but seriously, this is the type of stuff that is far more important in the long run than gimmicky things like predicting who's going to win a soccer game...

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Well you will need to wait a few month tell they figured out how google does it. guess it is just working for just a handful of airlines and 100% for sure just for US flights and Airlines

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had a flight on American Airlines that showed up in Cortana. Then I had a flight on Delta a couple weeks later which did NOT show up in Cortana. :/ Looks like the feature still needs to be improved

wpfanboy17

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Cortana would scan your emails for flight info (you need to enable 'Detect tracking info' in cortana settings) and would ask your permission to track it when you tap on its live tile. If you select yes, it will then add it under interests->travel.

shinsenai

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I fly a few times a month and this feature has so far rarely worked for me. Out of say 10 trips, Cortana fully found 1 return trip (two flights) and the last flight of a four-flight trip. Indeed if the flight is more than a day out, it doesn't show in the Cortana cards list, but you can find all flights she has found under Interests > Travel. I usually add flights manually by instructing Cortana to "Track flight xx nnnn" and selecting the "show updates" link just below the card. This adds the entry to Interests > Travel, but sets it for the next scheduled flight. You can change the date by editing the entry manually after it has been added. A workaround while waiting for proper support for more airlines and message formats.

BaritoneGuy

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
When Cortana detects a flight, upon startup she asks if you want her to monitor the flights for you. I was wondering how this would work as the email account which gets the travel plans set to it is my work Exchange account which is not the first account on my phone. But 3 days ago she asked for a flight I have upcoming this Sunday and then the return 12 days later.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
My trip home was detected automatically, even though the initial flight wasn't (both same airline and same reservation). Seems a little glitchy in what it'll see still.

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Okay... Let me shed some light on this whole flight tracking thing...

Right now, Flight tracking is done by parsing your email on the device for confirmation mails from carriers and 3rd party travel sites. Unfortunately, these are all formatted differently and the information is not always where you think it is or in the format we can parse easy and all that mess, so this is something that is hit and miss and just over a mess, as stated in this thread already. We are working on that, and working very hard on it.

Now, you can tell Cortana to track a flight, but, for now, only on the date you ask. This is also being worked on.

You can tell Cortana to "Track Delta Flight 5535" and it will. But, for now, you cannot tell her to "Track Delta Flight 5535 on July 30th". This is being worked on and should be coming sometime in an update. No, I have no ETA.

I hope this helps clear things up a little. I know, cleared it up as much as Tar, but it's all I have right now. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans