How to: Moving your apps to SD with Storage sense!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
That's the thing. I can't see any apps besides the OS ones when I go to Storage Sense now. So I have no idea how to move certain apps back.

Hmmm...
Did your phone have any recent app glitches or perhaps a restart?
Not sure what could be happening here.

I just moved a few apps over and back to check and didn't see anything not functioning.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of getting a microSD card for my 1520. If I put movies I downloaded through the windows 8 xbox video app, will they appear in the windows phone xbox videos app when I have them on the sd card?

manju go

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: How do I move apps from Phone memory to SD Card??

Sir,
I purchased nokia lumia 520 WP 8.0 phone. Since its mobile memory is 7.2 GB and SD memory 2 GB which can be extended.
I want to transfer Application files from phone memory to SD memory. Please suggest how it is possible,
M K Sharma,

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: How do I move apps from Phone memory to SD Card??

Without cyan/8.1 update it is not possible. I have the update on my 520 amid you the storage since app in settings to move to the ad card. Very easy.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

Haroon Samsudeen

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I cant move my apps to SD card!

hi guys,i have a lumia 530 and i cant install apps directly to the sd card.I have to install it on the phone.And when i tried moving apps from the phone to the sd card through storage sense,the app becomes unavailable!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: I cant move my apps to SD card!

hi guys,i have a lumia 530 and i cant install apps directly to the sd card.I have to install it on the phone.And when i tried moving apps from the phone to the sd card through storage sense,the app becomes unavailable!!!
PLEASE HELP!!!

The SD may be corrupt or too full for the moved apps.
This should throw an error though.

Have you attempted to remove the card and tried re-inserting?

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
The greyingout of certain applications after moving from or to a Sd card can happen because of multiple reasons.
One, the card is or getting corrupt ( shutdown phone, remove card, stick it in to a pc/laptop, go to properties and do a check ).
Second, not al apps are written ( or allowed ) to work from a sd card.
Third, there are apps who uses or stores some extra data in the secured partition, whenever those apps are moved the link to the data gets or can be corrupted......so the apps crashes or gets grayed out ( these apps are mostly the apps who are quite difficul to delete after a recovery, update or reset.).
If you focus on the third...............it come to notice that a lot of those apps who reacts like that are build for older O-systems like wp 7x or 8.
I say a lot, not all...( just to prevent a discussion )......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb