How to share photos in full quality directly (not reduced 300kb format)

tourizt

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

when I take a photo and share it directly from the camera or photo app via email, the file size is always being reduced to ~300kb?

How can I send the original file (~1-2MB, the 5 megapixel version, not the 35 megapixel version...)

Also, isnt it better to use the windows camera app (smart cam), over the lumia pro cam, if you dont need the 35 megapixel raw pictures and if you are fine with the auto setting (no need for manual adjustments)?
- Any other reason for the lumia pro cam app?
- How can I switch the camera button to start the smart cam app, not the pro cam app?

Thanks!

Luminara

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Asked the same question sometime ago and the answer was this is not possible, at least directly. You may have to go to Pocket File Manager, whet you manually add the camera roll folder to the app, manually set the SMTP formation of your email services, browse through your pictures by name (sorry no imagery preview in the app, you have to click on the picture to see what it is), and then send. This is to much of an effort and I just share full-size images using chat apps like WeChat and QQ.

As for the Lumia Camera app, it's said to be slow than than the default Camera app and popular ProShot, but since it allows reframing after taking a picture, which is critically important to me, it is my choice of capturing app.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
If you share the pic from your Onedrive, they should be able to get the full quality (5MP version).

If you haven't already, go to settings, swipe over to applications, then scroll down to photos+camera. From there, you can enable "auto upload - high quality over wifi" etc.

Then you can share your pics from Onedrive. Edit: You can share pics from OneDrive anyway, but using the "auto-upload" feature ensures all your pics will be available.

In the camera settings, there's also a setting to change the default camera from the Microsoft camera to the Lumia classic camera. "Smart camera" (Smart Sequence) is the burst photo mode, might not want to use that as default as it doesn't take full quality I believe.

Last edited:

tourizt

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

many thanks for your feedback.

This sounds crazy. I picked the phone because of the great cam, and now I cant send photos instantly via Email or Whatapp instantly?

With android, I just clicked on a photo, and I was able to send it to whom ever I wanted via whatever messenger...but I guess this is frustrating you as well...

About the camera apps, I didnt even notice it are 3...

The app where it only says Camera was the SmartCam I though, and the app where it says Lumia Camera was the ProCam I tought...I dont see a third one...

tourizt

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

thanks for your input!

The thing is that I dont want to OneDrive or something like that.

If I take a nice photo, I just want to be able to email it immediately...put some text to it in an email. Straight forward...but I already learned from Luminara that his is actually not possible. I dont understand why. This is normal on every other smart phone...

tourizt

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
I think the SmartCam is included in the app "Lumia Cam" which is also the ProCam I guess.

So, Lumia Cam has ProCam and SmartCam, if I am not mistaken.

In the settings I can also only switch between Lumia Cam and Windows Camera

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
One way I found to send original size photo is using Mail app (mail.ru -russian alternative to Hotmail). But you need new email address then and another disadvantage of it you can't select multiple images at once (you add one, then another one...)

tourizt

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Hey Ixia, thanks for the links. Sounds interesting, if it would works...app reviews indicate that the app isn't really functioning well though.

We need a gmail app for windows phone...and chrome for windows phone...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb