How to Simply Take Better Photos Off The 1020 Camera

Don164

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia 1020 and I have it primarily because of that camera, I know it's one of if not the best camera on a smartphone.

My problem is however, I don't seem to be taking shots which I can call "Fantastic". I own a (Samsung Galaxy) Note 3 and it's camera is really good, I've taken some side by side shots, their doesn't seem to be much if anything separating them. I would have thought the 1020 takes in more detail but I get the feeling I'm not taking the photos properly.

I use the Pro Shot app as I don't want to be messing around with a 5MP picture and it's controls are simple to use. I usually take my photo after I have focused the shot, should I leave it for a second before taking it ?! I have a friend who has a G3 and an iPhone and I'd love to just take a photo of a subject, show that photo back and prove, I've taken the better picture.

Possible ?!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, you may find this thread useful: Pictures/Videos taken with your L1020

As for tips and some techniques, you might find this guide useful: So you want to take better pictures?

Photography is an art - not just a simple point and shoot thing if one wishes to take better photos - and the L1020 brings that art closer to phones more than other phones can. But once you get to the level of the L1020, things become slightly different. There is no simple step or technique (note: singular) to taking better pictures... but there are a lot of simple steps and techniques (note: plural) which when used together can produce better photographs. The guide above may discuss a lot of detail, but all of them are essential knowledge for every photographer... and some of the photos in the photo thread are evidence of what the L1020 can do.

patrikmore

May 28, 2014
Visit site
If you want to obtain similar results to a good camera sometimes you will have to switch to manual settings, above all speed and amount of light, and as colors are many times an issue with 1020, you'll have to use RAW format and try to find a good setting.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254