How to stop emails

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I tend to follow several threads. I check my subscriptions daily and find it helpful that this site provides the following list

Participated
Subscribed
Today's Posts
My Threads
Hot This Week

However, I have recently been receiving email notification of each response of subscribed threads, despite not checking the notification box. This is unnecessary and wasteful of my cellular data.
How do I disable email notifications?

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for your response.
I already had chosen 'do not subscribe'
Despite this setting I received an email to notify me of your response:wink:
Not sure how to proceed....

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! Maybe you should start a thread in 'Site Feedback Help' I get duplicate email responses. I have a thread started in 'Site Feedback Help'! So far the issue still happens however, and no solutions to my issue!:wink: I only get email from threads I create or subscribe to! Some thing is messed up some where?

James Falconer

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
@Rubidad - if you've checked 'do not subscribe' as your default action, that's great for notifications going forward... but you still might be subscribed to specific threads or forums. Can you go through your subscriptions page and turn off any subscriptions you don't want?

Rubidad

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey James, thanks for the response.
I do 'subscribe' to about 10 threads.I have left the box under subscription and instant notification unchecked. I do not want emails each time a comment is made on the thread, as a new post would be numbered (see my first post).
I think I am missing something here....is a subscription the same this as 'following' a thread?
By the way, I received your response in an email:shocked:

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Maybe you could go here and stop this issue, but I really doubt if it will help. Worth a shot!

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    309.5 KB · Views: 2

holdum333

Oct 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi Friend! Here's another thought! Are you subscribing to the whole forum? That will get you a bunch of emails!:wink:
PS Trying hard to make a good hand here on the forum!:wink:

Attachments

• Capture25.JPG
    Capture25.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 0

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deewinc