HP Elite x3 - SD Card disconnecting?

tserv95

May 13, 2017
Visit site
Do you guys recommend I just send this phone back to Ebay? I mean without an sd card it works good I suppose. But my experience with a foolish defect makes me think the phone was not worth the purchase.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
This will not be fixed until Microsoft comes up with a patch for it. HP has been working with them. If the v3 tray didnt solve your issue, which it did not for me but did for some, we have to wait for a patch.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Re: SD Card disconnecting?

Originally posted by tserv95
Do you guys recommend I just send this phone back to Ebay? I mean without an sd card it works good I suppose. But my experience with a foolish defect makes me think the phone was not worth the purchase.

Depends if you must have a card larger than 64gb. I don't have a problem for months since switching from 128gb to 64gb. There is device storage too, obviously. This is not hardware, so i would wait for a software fix.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
So since I got the v3 tray, I've been doing some experimenting. I do find that turning off NFC & TTP does have an impact. Instead of getting the disconnects multiple times a day, I'm now only seeing it once every other day or so.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
HP contacted me and let me know that they currently don't have a solution and are working on it with Microsoft. Supposedly I'll be updated with any status changes they have. They also are keeping my ticket open so I can always request a status update as well. So, no luck so far. It's a shame that such a problem exists. Seems so random and while it's not terrible, its too annoying to be ignored.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I havent had any disconnects since the last preview build with NFC turned off. My support guy is saying the same. They are waiting on MSFT for a final patch. I wonder if that is in this preview build.

pjhenry1216

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Not that there's any change, but the tech I'm working with left me another message that Tech Level 3 are still working with Microsoft for a patch.

O W Jones

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site

Does anyone know if the mobile update from yesterday addresses sd card issue? I updated last night and had my sd card request a chkdsk run for to fix errors this morning. Not sure if it was a random coincidence or an upgrade result

chez3makr

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
For me, I had it happen a bunch of times when I got the phone, two weeks no problem, then it would happen again and again, then it would be peaceful. I think maybe its the water proofing

alodar101

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Does anyone know if the mobile update from yesterday addresses sd card issue? I updated last night and had my sd card request a chkdsk run for to fix errors this morning. Not sure if it was a random coincidence or an upgrade result

It does not. Microsoft has not released any patch for the sd card. That will come from qualcom, through Microsoft.

Mark Kaplan

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I asked HP Support for an update and got this back:

Current update status of Windows 10 Mobile issues:
Double tap to wake up functionality improvement: Fix being tested currently
Call forwarding issue: Fix being tested currently
SD Card disconnection issue: Fix being worked on currently
Folio Wallet Case causes crash: Fix being worked on currently
Outlook performance issues/Continuum: Issue sent to Outlook dev team at Microsoft (continue to log feedback to Microsoft though app).

Jimmie Lee

May 5, 2014
Visit site
I asked HP Support for an update and got this back:

Current update status of Windows 10 Mobile issues:
Double tap to wake up functionality improvement: Fix being tested currently
Call forwarding issue: Fix being tested currently
SD Card disconnection issue: Fix being worked on currently
Folio Wallet Case causes crash: Fix being worked on currently
Outlook performance issues/Continuum: Issue sent to Outlook dev team at Microsoft (continue to log feedback to Microsoft though app).

I just took my SD card out for a while, like a few weeks, then I put it back in and all is well. I think, there was an update while I had it out, but it works fine now.

JaimitoFrog

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

No disconnect yet on 128gb SanDisk. I reformatted the card ok a PC, and old data transferred on it. Once place in the phone, it prompted to repair it, I clicked yes. So far so good.

ScottM2753

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site

I did a full reset to the phone this past Sunday, new firmware and the latest OS, so far (fingers crossed) no disconnects. 👍

MsftMan

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
OK, so my X3 is new and has the recent FW update and running current Preview Release. The SD Card doesn't show up anywhere at all where it really needs to. Yet... it does show up under "Devices... Bluetooth & other devices" and the ONLY place the card shows up is when saving a file it lists the card under "File Explorer." So it seems to me more of a software issue than hardware.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124