HP X3 Verizon issues

shutout5591

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I should probably add that in addition to the 1x during calls, my text messages are the wrong timezone, the time zone my number is from not where I live.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
Text messages received that had multiple recipients, (group text), I now have to open the existing conversation with the individual user that sent the message to select download for media, then the message populates in the appropriate thread.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
And sometimes, the top three threads in the messaging app are duplicates of a single person, until I quit the messaging app and reload, then the three threads identify as three different people as they were.

shutout5591

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
For anybody else having trouble with the 1x issue:

Log into verizon wireless online, go to plans and services, manage products and apps. Or direct: https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/productsapps/

I noticed HD voice was on the other phones in my family plan except mine. Go to Get Products, Free Products, find HD Voice and click get for your line.

Maybe this will fix the 3 hour time difference on text message issue.

Does anybody have visual voicemail working? The app says "incompatible" with this device.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
For anybody else having trouble with the 1x issue:

Log into verizon wireless online, go to plans and services, manage products and apps. Or direct: https://nbillpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/productsapps/

I noticed HD voice was on the other phones in my family plan except mine. Go to Get Products, Free Products, find HD Voice and click get for your line.

Maybe this will fix the 3 hour time difference on text message issue.

Does anybody have visual voicemail working? The app says "incompatible" with this device.

HD voice was always there for me. And no VVM is a no go so far on the VZW model. Seems VZ explicitly wants an app to sync the VM even on Android. iPhones are the only type that do not need the app from VZW to get VVM messages synced.

Edit: The funny part about the HD voice is that it is enabled there on VZs side, but you won't get HD voice. I tried to phones on VZW with it enabled and even called AT&T phones, and got no HD vocie. In fact it seems volume levels on Speaker phone and at the earpiece are really low even with it cranked to 10. I am not sure if HP will build that feature in or not....

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Nothing yet. HP is putting the ball in Microsoft's court. What I'm told is that they supposedly handed off all the vz elite x3 info to them and are waiting for them to make it available in the tool

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
My device HP Elite X3
Windows 10 mobile OS Build 15254.124
Version 1709
Received video text looks like a snapshot. I contacted HP support and they had me add a MMS APN setting
This changed the snapshot into a download prompt. When I press download it switched to downloading for about 2.5 minutes and then goes back to the download prompt. HP suggested I contact VZW Tier 2 support and if they couldn't assist me then I should contact Microsoft support.
I contacted VZW and they confirmed the MMS APN settings were correct, but they weren't sure why I added the setting since they said media content text should work on the device right out of the box. They advised my phone was provisioned correctly and MMS should work. I remove the MMS APN setting.
I contacted Microsoft support and they advised me they don't support third party hardware and i should contact HP. Microsoft support suggested I report it to their feedback hub.
I contacted HP support and informed them Microsoft advises that this issue is theirs.
HP is investigating.
Some of the video text message arrives as a snapshot with a play button> if I press and hold it it prompts me to save, open delete or forward. If I choose open I am prompter to search for an app in the store.
Store.jpg

-dunn

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
My device HP Elite X3
Windows 10 mobile OS Build 15254.124
Version 1709
Received video text looks like a snapshot. I contacted HP support and they had me add a MMS APN setting
This changed the snapshot into a download prompt. When I press download it switched to downloading for about 2.5 minutes and then goes back to the download prompt. HP suggested I contact VZW Tier 2 support and if they couldn't assist me then I should contact Microsoft support.
I contacted VZW and they confirmed the MMS APN settings were correct, but they weren't sure why I added the setting since they said media content text should work on the device right out of the box. They advised my phone was provisioned correctly and MMS should work. I remove the MMS APN setting.
I contacted Microsoft support and they advised me they don't support third party hardware and i should contact HP. Microsoft support suggested I report it to their feedback hub.
I contacted HP support and informed them Microsoft advises that this issue is theirs.
HP is investigating.
Some of the video text message arrives as a snapshot with a play button> if I press and hold it it prompts me to save, open delete or forward. If I choose open I am prompter to search for an app in the store.
View attachment 138388

So reading through this thread I should hold off buying this phone for VZW.
Seems a couple of people here have the GSM model and arent experiencing these issues/having far less issues in general.
Wondering if this is true, or just the nature of the title being HP X3 Verizon issues.
Anyone care to share experiences...looking to upgrade my Icon.

Thanks in advance.

MetalHd

Mar 24, 2009
Visit site
I would still do it all over again.. I approached this purchase as a bridge til the next generation product arrives. It works for me. I really only have a problem with the 1x data connection during calls, and the text messaging likes a reboot every few days.. but on the flip side, the "incomplete Verizon provisioning" as I see it, gives me hotspot active for free! The hardware is solid. I'm still glad I bought it. And waiting only makes it get older.. :)

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
If you purchase it now at the Microsoft Store you can take advantage of their extended Holiday return policy which allows you to return for a refund up to Jan. 31, 2018. This at least gives you a chance to evaluate it.

-dunn

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
If you purchase it now at the Microsoft Store you can take advantage of their extended Holiday return policy which allows you to return for a refund up to Jan. 31, 2018. This at least gives you a chance to evaluate it.

Thanks for sharing and good point.
This would likely be a "stop gap" for me as well...Just hoping against hope that I will see even $500 on that Microsoft site, even though I know I'm far more likely to see the $800 again. :wink:

Ray Sim1

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
Today I noticed that the phone showed no service and my wife's iPhone showed service. We are both on the Verizon network. I performed a soft reset and now the phone showed service. At that time it showed service I received a text thats was thirty minutes old. It looks like the phone disconnected from Verizon for at least thirty minutes. Has anyone experienced loss of there VZW wireless connection? Service in my area is LTE.
Thanks

Ray

-dunn

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for sharing and good point.
This would likely be a "stop gap" for me as well...Just hoping against hope that I will see even $500 on that Microsoft site, even though I know I'm far more likely to see the $800 again. :wink:

So I'm about to pull the trigger on this seeing my Icon battery is garbage. 2 questions I have for anyone able to answer.
How's the battery life and hows the camera?

My Icon is currently discharging at 10%/hr and that's not even with real heavy use.
However, the camera on the Icon is why I've put up with this for as long as I have.

Thanks in advance.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo