HTC 8X appears to have just died; won't turn on again...

raun

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
my 2 week old 8x died the other day. latest updates. was likely at about 30% battery, I took some pictures and left it to go to sleep. came back an hour later and it was totally black, no lights blinking. would not respond to any button. I charged it for about 10 mins and then pressing the power button for a long time turned it on again. perhaps the pictures I took drained the battery completely, I find that unlikely though..

daverath

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
My verizon 8x seems to be in a dead state after installing the GDR3 preview. It's a little different than other stories here though in that while it's plugged in, it can boot to the htc loading screen, but then turns off again after a couple seconds. It's battery was probably around 80% last time I used the phone to text, and half an hour later when I went to check my phone it was off. I couldn't turn it on again, so I put it on my wireless charger and it started buzzing every few seconds without ever turning on. I plugged it into my computer and it can boot when I hold the power button while plugged in, but it always turns off 3 or so seconds into the htc loading screen.

If it's interesting, I was listening to xbox music (for the first time ever on my phone) an hour before it bricked. I listened to maybe two tracks and was turning beats audio on and off to play with it.

Trying to leave it sitting overnight (and then over the weekend) to see if that resolves anything. Otherwise, might look into finding a cheap 822 to tide me over til my update next fall.

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I just bought used 8x and did update and get SAD face, then I get two gears and nothing more. I left phone for days to rotate those gears but no luck, hard reset not work. I dont know what to do. Tried milky method but no luck too... I just can get to flash mode with bar codes and turn phone on and see HTC logo then AT T logo and then two gears, nothing more.... phone completely useless... need help.

akulgupta100

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The same happened to me as well , In that case just pull out your sim card , that will turn off the phone and then turn it back on again..

I already received a fix from HTC , The cause of the problem was beats , and I received an update for beats which fixed it ...

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
So put out SIM CARD slot and what? And could you please send me that fix from HTC also? because I bought this phone used and never had HTC phone.

akulgupta100

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Pull out your sim card , wait for 10 sec , put it back in and press the power button

This worked well for me , you can,give it a try,

For the update I can't pull xaps from,my,phone so can't help

akulgupta100

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
WP shuts down the phone on removing sim card , even when fully charged .. If you dint believe me , try it on any WP ... The phone turns off as soon as you remove the micro sim

scorpio1991

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I know that WP shutdows when you pull out sim card, but when phone is booted to WP, my phone just stuck on GEARS and when I try to pull sim out nothing happen...

Harsh Thakar

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Same thing has happend with me as well, Need Help, Please ...

My Htc 8X Suddenly Got Blank, Put it on Charge, Its Loading HTC Screen for 3 second & Again Gets Blank ... Any Solution ???

Sam Gier

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
My HTC 8X has now encountered this problem, it was not while listening to music but while I was browsing internet. The phone would not turn itself on anymore, just vibrates, shows the HTC Quitely Brilliant screen and reboots. I have spoken to CS at HTC and they have asked me to bring the handset to their service centre for repair. Tried every possible way to turn this brick on again unfortunately, it just won't work. Guess I need to switch back to Lumia.

thompsonw1

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Just some information that might help someone find a solution to the boot loop problem. I found that if I hold down the UP Volume button while it goes through a boot cycle it stops and goes blank. It does nothing, even though it is still plugged in. Unfortunately, neither the soft or hard reset, or any other combination of buttons does anything at this point. Holding down the power button for a while starts the boot loop again. Just another piece of data....

Harsh Thakar

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Exactly ... God Knows what Microsoft is doing yaar, its not even 3 months we have come out from that Xbox Music's Phone bricking, here comes a new crash ... And the best Part is all the Time only we have to break our head & come up with something, because neither Htc knows about any problem they are giving us, nor Microsoft .... They Both Just keeps Playing Blame game to each other.

when i contracted Microsoft regarding this, He is Like, Dear Sir, Software Doesn't Deal with Freezing the Handset, its a Hardware Issue, & When contracted with Htc, He is Still have no idea what to do as usual & scratching his head ... Bull**** yaar, my Cell is Still lying dead from 4 days Now, Dnt know what to do !!!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
^^ first of all, if you could get it replaced using warranty do it. Secondly contacting Microsoft wouldn't help since they are the OS providers, not the manufacturer, in your case HTC should own the support and damage caused (if its due to bad software pushed on their end).

Harsh Thakar

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hellooo Pankaj,

Can you please suggest me something as what can i do now, coz i cnt handover to Htc , they refused as its a Over Sea product & not lying under International Warranty,,, i Tried all the Factory reset manual buttons but even thats not working :(

Eral Ocal

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello everyone, last week i've upgraded my htc 8x with GDR3 update (Location:Turkey, Op: Avea). This morning i've encountered with a similar problem. My phone was off and there was at least %70 energy on the phone. I pressed the power button... nothing happened. I thought maybe i couldn't press enough, you know that power button is very tiny thing. I guess i was lucky at my third try my phone started up with no problem. There was no boot loop or anything. But anyway this is a big problem, upgrades should fix your phone it should not cause a bug.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well sad to say my gdr3 htc 8x got hit with this today. Was working fine, put it in my pocket to go home. Got home and realised the screen was black and it wouldn't turn on. Now if I plug it into the charger it boots to the white HTC screen for 5 seconds, then reboots. Tried soft reset and factory reset key combinations, nothing works.

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Well I rung HTC support for 30 minutes trying different things before they raised a ticket and got me to send my phone in. they repaired it and sent it back (although it looks like a new phone).
No explanation as to what happened or the cause though.

WhippedKream

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
same has just happened to me. i leaft it on my bedside table last night at about 70% battery and this morning my alarm didnt go off on my phone then found it was dead. tryed charging it with usb with pc for two hours. wouldnt work. so tryed charging it in the plug. wont work. ive tryed to reboot it and it just wont work! please HELP!:unhappysweat: it wont do anything no vierbration or nothing its just black!

THIS! Guys this just happened to me two days ago and I'm literally freaking out. I left it out for a while night not charging, tried in the morning, didnt work. Tried charging all night, put very tight rubberbands on the power and volume down buttons all night, and still DIDNT WORK!! No red light, no vibrations NOTHING! Pure black screen of doom :( :( I also tried changing the adapter and im using my brothers galaxy tab 10.2 adapter to maybe give it more juice but to no avail... all while doing the rubberband trick also :( Please help guys, I dont want to downgrade I just invested in this phone and I'm a student living tight! Wanted this for another year and a half :(

Barry Broxson

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Yer my HTC Windows 8X phone has done the same, I have sent it back to HTC twice now, the first time the screen went blank and I could not turn it on, sent it back to be told they could not find anything wrong with it and that it needed a softwere update. The phone worked for three months the the SIM card was not detected so yet again the phone was sent into HTC under warranty, this time when it came back they had changed the motherboard the camara, and the speaker, this seem to work for two months then GUESS WHAT... the phone has done what it did the first time round switched off blank screen and can not be turned back on, they have recalled all HTC Windows 8X phones in America, But in the UK they will not for some reson, all who has this model of Windows phone should bombard HTC until somethings done about this as it is a common fault

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254