I don't hate Apple, but my friend is making me hate it.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Conversation that I swear on Daniel Rubino's career happened:
Setting: I'm sitting there at my university in the lunch area while playing with my Surface Pro 2, when all the sudden a wild hipster appears. He appears to be dressed in jeans that would murder my future children (if you know what I'm saying), an ironic shirt, one of those beanies and of course, a MacBook Pro. The conversation as follows is 100% accurate and makes you lose faith in humanity.

"haha dude, is that one of those Surfaces?"
"yeah, its pretty sweet, why?"
"looks like you got ripped off"
"*double-check my Surface* huh? Why? What's wrong, does it have a scratch on the back?"
"no, dude its made by MicroSUCKS (he emphasized the last part)"
"huh? I'm not following you (I knew where he was going)"
"dude, Microsoft can't make anything right"
"like what? this things bad@$$"
Note: although it may sound like I'm getting angry, I was calm and cool the entire time, even though I wanted to shove hit iPhone 5S where the sun don't shine
"dude take windows 8, its the biggest flop in the history of the world, no one, not even businesses want it"
"I just saw a story a month ago where they sold 100 million copies.... And also, their market share is bigger than all Macs"
"well, yeah, but that's an unfair comparison"
"how so?"
"well businesses buy windows, so it makes it appear that windows is better, but its not"
"didn't you just say, like 20 seconds ago that businesses weren't buying it? Now they are?"
"whatever dude, Macs have taken over anyway"
"then why does the library have 200 PCs, but only 10 Macs?"
"its because they're more expensive, because they're premium quality and create their own class, take the Apple TV, what does Microsoft have that rivals it?"
"uh... The Xbox? You know the thing that sold 70 million"
"it doesn't have airplay though"
"because its not an apple product? You don't have Xbox music."
"so? ITunes has 28 million songs"
"Xbox music has 30 million"
"no way, Apple said that iTunes has the most"
"*I pull up the Wikipedia page* see? 30 million."
"its still not as big as iTunes, even if it has more"
WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE
End of part 1

Last edited:

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Part 2:
"that makes no sense whatsoever. That's like..."
" I see you have a windows phone DUMB"
"I'm going to regret this, but may I ask how so?"
"because its windows, duh"
"sarcasm:that's a great explanation, you're so smart"
"well, dude at least Apple cares about the experience it produces. Its great for play and work"
"work on an iPhone? *English accent* I pity you, sir"
"dude, Apple reinvented pricing, look at my 5S, it came with iwork"
" *thought comes into my head* hey, uh, show me the Microsoft Word app that Apple has"
"don't compare consumer innovation (its at this point I think he's just throwing words together) to that tombstone *launches app*"
BOOM MOTHER F****R, IT BLUE SCREENED RIGHT THERE AND RESTARTED. I FELT LIKE I WON THE LOTTERY
"wow, some quality hardware you have there, I guess it finally caught up to Microsoft from 7 years ago, it'll get there eventually. See? Office. No blue screen here."
"uh, I've got to meet my friend (the phone is still restarting)"
"have fun"

If you don't believe me, I can gladly show you his picture. I felt like Ice Cube singing"It was a good day" after he left.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
^^^Good post, reminds me over an argument I had back in my ****** days with a black berry fan.

The conversation goes something like this:

(remember I had an HTC snap running Windows 6.5 standard, it has 3G)

As him and I were arguing...like turkeys...about who's phone was better, I noticed that his black berry curve 8520 did not have 3G (it ran on edge where my HTC ran on 3G at 7.2 mbps) I pointed this out to him and what he said next showed his level of ignorance, he said: (direct speech) "Edge is better than 3G"...no one won the argument. How could I possibly win this argument if he is this ignorant and biased ?

rcazador

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it. I have no hate for Apple products. I think they were great, I have never owned an Apple product tho, but I have use iPhones and iPads of family and friends and the experience was great.

But I love my Windows Phone. And that is a problem I guess. My friend is truly an "Apple ******", and his approach to anything that isn't Apple is crap and nothing can stand with Apple.

He's a tech guy, knows a ton about phones and electronics. But his narrow view and opinions about my Windows Phone and other non-Apple products is just plain insulting.

I can't talk to him about anything without him saying that "compared to Apple its garbage".

The biggest problem with Apple Fanboys who support the things they love is that they are so opinionated and closed minded that they end up making ppl who aren't on their side HATE APPLE products!!!!

I am seriously on the verge of hating Apple products, I used to be a non-biased person but I am afraid that I am starting to really dislike anything Apple purely because of my friends comments.

I think the thing that hurts Apple the most are their arrogant followers who can't think outside the box for one second.

I turned to Windows Phone cause my cousin is one of the head guys working on Windows Phone. So to me, its a family proudness thing, but do I hate on other products cause of this? no i don't. should i? I don't think so.

I don't want to be associated with a company that has followers who are jerks, sorry Apple, but the fate of your company lies in the jerks that love your products.

And I don't like jerks, so now, I truly can say, I am closing the door on ever personally owning an Apple product.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to vent.

No offence, dump your friend he's going to give you ulcers.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Part 2:
"that makes no sense whatsoever. That's like..."
" I see you have a windows phone DUMB"
"I'm going to regret this, but may I ask how so?"
"because its windows, duh"
"sarcasm:that's a great explanation, you're so smart"
"well, dude at least Apple cares about the experience it produces. Its great for play and work"
"work on an iPhone? *English accent* I pity you, sir"
"dude, Apple reinvented pricing, look at my 5S, it came with iwork"
" *thought comes into my head* hey, uh, show me the Microsoft Word app that Apple has"
"don't compare consumer innovation (its at this point I think he's just throwing words together) to that tombstone *launches app*"
BOOM MOTHER F****R, IT BLUE SCREENED RIGHT THERE AND RESTARTED. I FELT LIKE I WON THE LOTTERY
"wow, some quality hardware you have there, I guess it finally caught up to Microsoft from 7 years ago, it'll get there eventually. See? Office. No blue screen here."
"uh, I've got to meet my friend (the phone is still restarting)"
"have fun"

If you don't believe me, I can gladly show you his picture. I felt like Ice Cube singing"It was a good day" after he left.

If that really happened then that's like winning the lottery. You should have bought a ticket. :p Unless you knew something about their iWork app causing a blue screen.

I've never met one of these pretentious people. I've seen many of the people you describe however. Maybe they're more in the US. There would be nothing worse than someone bothering me with their BS when I'm not bugging them. So don't get the attitude. I guess I'm glad I'm not young anymore and putting up with that crap.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
See, I thought about playing the lottery, but I figured that I used all of my luck points for that day.

See, my logic was that I knew several people had the problem, but no one I knew did. So, in my mind, I figured the odds were in my favor.

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My friends are true iZealots, and that's the reason why I want to hate Apple products too. I don't think they are god awful, just not very good.

Santiago Pedraza

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I don't get it. I have no hate for Apple products. I think they were great, I have never owned an Apple product tho, but I have use iPhones and iPads of family and friends and the experience was great.

But I love my Windows Phone. And that is a problem I guess. My friend is truly an "Apple ******", and his approach to anything that isn't Apple is crap and nothing can stand with Apple.

He's a tech guy, knows a ton about phones and electronics. But his narrow view and opinions about my Windows Phone and other non-Apple products is just plain insulting.

I can't talk to him about anything without him saying that "compared to Apple its garbage".

The biggest problem with Apple Fanboys who support the things they love is that they are so opinionated and closed minded that they end up making ppl who aren't on their side HATE APPLE products!!!!

I am seriously on the verge of hating Apple products, I used to be a non-biased person but I am afraid that I am starting to really dislike anything Apple purely because of my friends comments.

I think the thing that hurts Apple the most are their arrogant followers who can't think outside the box for one second.

I turned to Windows Phone cause my cousin is one of the head guys working on Windows Phone. So to me, its a family proudness thing, but do I hate on other products cause of this? no i don't. should i? I don't think so.

I don't want to be associated with a company that has followers who are jerks, sorry Apple, but the fate of your company lies in the jerks that love your products.

And I don't like jerks, so now, I truly can say, I am closing the door on ever personally owning an Apple product.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to vent.
I really feel you. I am the only one of my group of friends with a Windows Phone. Android users actually are interested in my phone and mess around with it but Apple fanboys, jeez. They are just rude lol.

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
As someone that loves technology, I think fanboyism is so funny. Linux fanboys are the worst IMHO when they're like "microsoft is an evil corporation that wants you to pay them for software" and they act like its a crime for someone to make money selling software lol...

But in any case, I don't get into stupid ****** arguments, I will gladly debate something with somebody, but when they start making things up like "apple is the best because it is...", arguments I stop. Really, there are benefits to every platform and certain platforms are better for certain needs. A lot of people don't understand that. They all have there benefits, for example: Apple iphone is good for its ease of use and apps library, Android is good for its versatility and cutting edge hardware, MS is good for the MS ecosystem (office, outlook, etc.) and its hardware (nokia) and stability, bb is good for stability and bbm. They all have their benefits, people just want their choice to be the "right one for everbody" when I've come to learn that there isn't one. WP is the right choice for me, but will it work for everybody...probably, can I blame other people for choosing other platforms, no. Certain platforms give you certain advantages.

I love MS and have always been a fan of them, but the reason I'm not a ****** is that I have criticisms of everybody, especially at some of the past choices MS has made. Most people have the problem that they go read a tech blog or journal and think that they are infallible. I really dislike tech blogs in general. Yes, I read stuff like engadget and the verge just to keep up on whats out there, but I take their opinions with a grain of salt because most of them are extremely biased. Windows 8 is a great example of this, I sell computers so I hear this every day.."windows 8 sucks, I've heard its terrible! I want a new computer running windows 7!!!!" Then I go ask them, "have you tried it?". 90% of the time they will say no. I respect someone if they try something and don't like it, but most people haven't and they just parrot what they hear without making their own thought out opinion.

thats just my 2 cents though...feel free to comment...

I was the same about windows 8, I found it hard to use on the demo computers coming from xp its very different. One day I saw a magazine giving tips/tricks and apps about Windows 8...after reading it I finally knew how to use it, I learnt about gestures which really impressed me with Windows 8. And now I have an hp pavilion g6 running Windows 8...I just needed something to tell me how to use it so I could discover all the new features and become comfortable with the changes...people who hate Windows 8, ask them if they have read the manual.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I was the same about windows 8, I found it hard to use on the demo computers coming from xp its very different. One day I saw a magazine giving tips/tricks and apps about Windows 8...after reading it I finally knew how to use it, I learnt about gestures which really impressed me with Windows 8. And now I have an hp pavilion g6 running Windows 8...I just needed something to tell me how to use it so I could discover all the new features and become comfortable with the changes...people who hate Windows 8, ask them if they have read the manual.

If you haven't updated to Windows 8.1 I recommend it. I find it a lot smoother and if possible, even quicker.

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Platform hate? Nonsense. These days, it is tame LOL.

Way back when, the Palm vs Windows Mobile wars? Now THOSE were insane! When Palm made a few WinMo devices, confusion reigned. Folks didn't know who/what to diss.

Good days...

stalemate1

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
If you haven't updated to Windows 8.1 I recommend it. I find it a lot smoother and if possible, even quicker.

Are gestures any smoother or more responsive ?

Currently on 8.0 my gestures take very long to load and are very laggy and unresponsive at times, and my laptop freezes from time to time and its only 2 months old.

If updating to 8.1 will fix it and I dont loose my antivirus or office instal (ice used the 3rd instal so if its deleted I'd have to buy it again). Do I stand a risk of this ?

Also any improvement in boot up and loading time ?

Does it feel much quicker and responsive ?

The thing is, 3.4GB off my data plan will hurt. And I'm not sitting in a cafe for hours and hours.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Are gestures any smoother or more responsive ?

Currently on 8.0 my gestures take very long to load and are very laggy and unresponsive at times, and my laptop freezes from time to time and its only 2 months old.

I don't use gestures so I wouldn't know. It's something I should look into more but I don't have a touch screen so wasn't sure if it's worth a look in. Going by what's improved I would suspect that they things will be better. Performance overall has improved.

If updating to 8.1 will fix it and I dont loose my antivirus or office instal (ice used the 3rd instal so if its deleted I'd have to buy it again). Do I stand a risk of this ?

Also any improvement in boot up and loading time ?

You don't lose anything during the update. Everything stays, why you would want another anti-virus over the built-in one of the OS is another discussion. Boot time is quicker but it was quick to begin with and I find my programs loading heaps faster and are more stable. I had issues with some programs crashing a lot.

Things are a bit different in some areas but nothing you can't work out.

Does it feel much quicker and responsive ?

Yes.

The thing is, 3.4GB off my data plan will hurt. And I'm not sitting in a cafe for hours and hours.

It does take some time to install. I have WiFi at home so had no issues. You have to make sure your W8 is up to date and then it shows up in the Store to download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)