Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone7 day 1 release, i purchased an Omnia7
Windows phone8 day 1 release, i purchased a Lumia 720
i own a surface RT and love it to bits
i run 2 Pcs one with W8 one with W7
i write a rubbish blog about my MS escapades

but right now i feel real bad.... i discovered the `app folder` app on my .... errr Lumia ( cough ) and now i am putting things in folders to make for a tidy, less scroll scroll phone, i feel terrible but its soooo usefull :cry:

did i mention i preach Windows phone too as many as will listen ... i feel i need to wash myself in sand or something

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
That is the app, soo usefull but soooo like the dark side
w8screencap_zps8c48f237.jpg

kriz225

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
While I can certainly understand why someone would want to organize their home screen in folders I personally find that it's counterproductive. Having come from Android (where I used folders extensively) I found having a trimmed Start screen on my 928 was incredibly easy and refreshing. I only put the apps that I care about (for notifications) and / or use often on my screen and arranged them logically, using their positioning to categorize them. Oftentimes with Android I filled folders with things in the name of "categorizing" and wound up making said folders cumbersome at best. My Windows Phone, by contrast, is very minimalistic and functional.

That said, W8 has the ability to create categories in the Start menu... I see no reason why that shouldn't come over to WP8 for people who'd like to use it.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Using the wifi change install all apps work around found here on wpcentral, i would put the link but i am using my phone right now and adding links is tricky if not impossible

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Looks good. How did you install the app on your Lumia?
You can use this convoluted method ( not just for Pro Cam) How To Install Nokia Pro Cam On Non-PureView Lumia Phones | TechTree.com
or you can download this app for $1.29 which does work BTW ProxApp | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
or you can download SysApp Pusher | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
then look for the non Nokia apps ( BUT not any that install in system(s) they won't work) and then go to your Wi-Fi setting and change to PROXY
Server/URL 117.135.139.179
PORT 8888
then go back to that app and hold the back button for about 3 seconds then release it and hopefully it goes from (!) This app not available for your device...to INSTALL
you may have to do this "trick" several times to get it to change to INSTALL but if and when it does click INSTALL and it will stall So Needs attention etc will appear but don't do anything but go back to Wi-Fi and enable the WiFi to your normal settings and then the needs attention tap ( or whatever the exact language is) will be gone and it will be installing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Epoch4