I have a Nokia Lumia 1020 AMA

Andrew Kennedy

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Does the 1020 have that at a glance feature complete with notifications where the screen stays on all the time? How's the quality of the screen compared to the 920? Does it seem like the lens module will scratch when you rest it on a table? How is the time in between photos/How quick does it take photos?

betomcfly

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
People, you need to remember that if there's anything like a solid truth, it's that Auto settings on a smartphone aren't exactly the go-to best. Yes, they are a general usage thing but me, personally, prefer to take a second more just to adjust my setting for each shot. With a camera as strong as the 1020, and something like Nokia's Pro Camera App, the results can blow well past what Auto settings will get you. Speaking from experience, as I have a L900 and -never- go full Auto.

h_portal

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I like the 1020 pics, they are a tad more grainy, yes, but also save more detail (just check the QR code on the beer photo) . 920 has some flaring on the lens, noise reduction is too high and you loss fine details with that.

Xsled

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Does the Nokia Lumia 1020 allow full resolution photo backup to SkyDrive?

I don't believe from the phone. I read the only two ways to get the full res image was via usb or the AT&T Locker App. I assume once you have it on your PC you can just move it to your skydrive folder on your desktop and keep full res? I don't know for sure.

Johnny

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I think he is only uploading the digitally compressed 5 mp pics. The pic size on his skydrive folders are only 407kb, around the same as the 920. He needs to change the save setting to the 5mp plus 38 mp so he has both and can upload the bigger pics.

Johnny

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
It shouldn't, the settings I have seen were either 5mp pics, or 5mp plus a 38mp. The 38mp pic which could only be uploaded by usb, so he probably doesn't have that setting checked.

Sam Not Spam

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Well, they look fine to me, but I'm also reading on a Lumia 900. Maybe I'll think differently at home on my desktop, but I'm still excited.

bygbyron3

May 23, 2013
Visit site
NDA is lifted on 1020 but they don't want us sharing pictures.

4:3 is 5+38 MP and 16:9 is 5+34 MP picture.

Skydrive only uploads the 5 MP copy. AT&T Locker uploads the full resolution copies and will have 5 GB (50 GB free upgrade for limited time) space.

Glance, peek, double-tap to wake, Lumia color profiles, and all the other goodies in the Amber update are all present and work well. Hipstamatic isn't on the phone and is slated to be available a little before the 1020 launches.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
As the OP has a Lumia 920 at hand, I would like to know his/her thoughts about the screen quality and the ergonomics of the 1020 compared to the 920. I saw that the 1020 has a matte finish instead of the shiny coat in the 920. Is the matte better? What finish do like the most?

Thanks for sharing the photos. Nokia should take care of any bugs and add adjustments to make things better. The 1020 pics offer a more real color, at least IMHO, but they do have a grainy look.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I have one question about the screen, while scrolling do you notice any blur (for text and images give trail shadow) or flickering (try apps like wpcentral news feed or twitter or facebook) like the lumia 925?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I'll say this, that 920 is no scrub. The colors on the 1020 beer photos do look sharper and more vivid to me. The others are not as easy to discern. Both are really good.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo