I have an iPad air...should I sell it for the nokia Lumia 2520?

mesazoo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
In that case i believe there is a Skydrive app for Mac. Have your photo's upload to skydrive from the phone, then do the same with skydrive that you did with dropbox.

christenmartin

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I've been very impressed with rt so don't put to much, or any, weight to the RT sucks crowd. I can't see much difference between my office computer and my tablet. I was expecting some serious issues with function or accessing Content. Nothing. A bunch of dorks trying to be the smartest guy in the room. Give it a try, I bet you'll like it.

osoalex

May 24, 2013
Visit site
It is up to you and the applications you'd like to use. You gotta check if all the apps you use in the iPad Air are in the Windows Store.

I can assure you that your productivity tools will be better than the iPad Air since it comes with Microsoft Office preloaded and way better multitasking features.

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
I tried to get the Dell Venue Pro 8 for $99.00 before they sold out. No luck. I purchased a 2520 from at&t (being shipped)and I thought I had salvaged my day, only to find out later you presently can't purchase a keyboard cover. As soon as it arrives I'm returning it for an iPad mini. It just seems like Apple just gets it right. How the hell do you promote a product and release it without one of the main items and have no availability date for the essential item?

Hawkhe

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Nokia's main market is in the EU and in the US is limited to mainly AT&T so things are a bit more limited. Nokia was including the keyboards with the tablet on launch as well as AT&T offering it for 199 when you buy a Windows Phone.

The 2520 is a much more beautiful tablet and has a more powerful OS. If you were going to switch brands I would go to the Surface 2 since it comes with a keyboard, and you can buy at bestbuy and take back with no questions asked. Also you should of picked up the Venue for 199.00 which would still be a good deal. MS is selling those at a loss to promote 8 inch Windows 8.1 tablets. Personally I am holding out for a more high end 8 inch 8.1 tablet.

Hawkhe

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why Nokia limited its products so damn much. I hope Microsoft fixes this when they take over. How do you get the Nokia flip case for the 1520? I can't find where to order it.

naplesbill

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why Nokia limited its products so damn much. I hope Microsoft fixes this when they take over. How do you get the Nokia flip case for the 1520? I can't find where to order it.

I picked my case up at the store when I bought the phone.

Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

phasar

Banned
Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Nokia's main market is in the EU and in the US is limited to mainly AT&T so things are a bit more limited. Nokia was including the keyboards with the tablet on launch as well as AT&T offering it for 199 when you buy a Windows Phone.

The 2520 is a much more beautiful tablet and has a more powerful OS. If you were going to switch brands I would go to the Surface 2 since it comes with a keyboard, and you can buy at bestbuy and take back with no questions asked. Also you should of picked up the Venue for 199.00 which would still be a good deal. MS is selling those at a loss to promote 8 inch Windows 8.1 tablets. Personally I am holding out for a more high end 8 inch 8.1 tablet.
The Venue Pro was a target of opportunity. The 2520 was also to a extant, no deposit on at&t. The surface 2 was definitely my top choice.

dosto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am currently debating a similar decision. Surface 2 or iPad Air. I like the productivity aspects of the Surface 2, but the iPad is to the tablet what Windows is to the Desktop, IMHO.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people are so anti-RT. Why do you want to install desktop apps on a consumption device? I prefer RT on my tablets.

And I can't stand Apple or it's products, so no need for me to comment on that one.

mesazoo

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I tried to get the Dell Venue Pro 8 for $99.00 before they sold out. No luck. I purchased a 2520 from at&t (being shipped)and I thought I had salvaged my day, only to find out later you presently can't purchase a keyboard cover. As soon as it arrives I'm returning it for an iPad mini. It just seems like Apple just gets it right. How the hell do you promote a product and release it without one of the main items and have no availability date for the essential item?

If you wante the Venue Pro why not get it instead of the Mini? It is still on sale for $199, cheaper than the Mini.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I go Microsoft for my ecosystem (always), and all my devices (currently) because they're the ONLY company that supports all three platforms.

I can get office, skydrive, bing and outlook on iOS7, Android, or WP8 no problem.

Google only supports iOS and Android

Apple only supports Apple

Until Microsoft support Linux, I can't use their services as one of my computers runs Linux. I will have to stick with Dropbox and Google. Nice one Steve!

Last edited:

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand why people are so anti-RT. Why do you want to install desktop apps on a consumption device? I prefer RT on my tablets.

And I can't stand Apple or it's products, so no need for me to comment on that one.

people are anti rt. Because at the price of rt you can get a windows 8 which is far more better.

Why people will pay?

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

michail71

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Until Microsoft support Linux, I can't use their services as one of my computers runs Linux. I will have to stick with Dropbox and Google. Nice one Steve!
Does the web client for Skydrive work?

Things could be supported a little better in Linux if the developers there didn't have such an anti Microsoft agenda. They are trying to keep the dreams of the 1990's alive.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Does the web client for Skydrive work?

I expect so. I didn't come across a website that doesn't work on Linux for a decade. But given that Dropbox and Ubuntu One have proper clients for Linux, why would I use SkyDrive?

Things could be supported a little better in Linux if the developers there didn't have such an anti Microsoft agenda. They are trying to keep the dreams of the 1990's alive.

What stops Microsoft making SkyDrive for Linux? Skype is available so they can't have any problem in principle with supporting Linux, and as Dropbox is available and works well, I don't see any technical problems.
Of course, it's Microsoft's choice whether to put time and effort into this, in the same way that Google don't support all their services on WP. And as a customer, this may influence whether I can (or choose to) use their services.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss