I moved to Android/iOS, and I miss ... from WM

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I miss Cortana reading my incoming texts when I'm driving, It never worked perfectly (on the Fast Ring builds I was using on my 950XL), but it did work and was nicely interactive. I have been unable, thus far, to duplicate the functionality on the Nexus 6P I bought over the holidays. I'm using Agent app to read the texts aloud but I can't reply by voice. "OK Google" will read your text messages on request and let you reply by voice but it won't read the texts automatically and they remain displayed (as opposed to going back to the nav app I use, Waze).

I'm still getting used to the 6P as a daily driver but will keep the 950XL on Fast Ring and see where W10M is going. Probably will switch back and forth for a while.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I greatly miss the action center. It's just way better than Android (can't say it's true for all brands).

I also miss how easy it is to get rid of bloatware and pre installed apps.

And finally, I miss how simple it is to block unwanted SMS. Android just make it harder than needed, but once again, not sure it's the same for all brands.

anon(9057135)

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
I greatly miss the action center. It's just way better than Android (can't say it's true for all brands).

I also miss how easy it is to get rid of bloatware and pre installed apps.

And finally, I miss how simple it is to block unwanted SMS. Android just make it harder than needed, but once again, not sure it's the same for all brands.

This is what I hated when I had my Android phone.

Alpedra

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I have two mobile phones. One with WM10 (950XL) and another with the latest Android Nougat (7.1.1). I find myself using my 950XL less and less and if it was not for the nice camera I´d probably not be using the 950XL anymore. The fact is that nothing really interesting happened in terms of new features to Windows Mobile since it was launched - Continuum didn´t take off, app gap is still there and getting bigger each day, Cortana didn´t evolve as much as I was expecting (Google assistant is catching up fast). Not many reasons (for me at least) to keep supporting and using WM10 to tell the truth. :(

TennisGuy45

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
I am still on Windows phone but when I broke my 950xl I was lazy getting it fixed and for about 2 months bounced from Android to iPhone and here is what I really missed:

The syncing of notifications between all my Windows devices.
Cortana and handfree use in my vehicle.
Being able to have downloaded maps for any state, country, region I chose.
Live tiles!!!! Yeah some of you dont like them but I have my own app that I wrote and its live tile was exactly what I wanted/needed. It sucked not having it.
Uninstall anything I wanted.
Home screen layout, vertical scrolling, navigation. (iPhone was the absolute worst and most annoying one ever)
Separate tiles for every email account I have. Very convenient since I use my phone for personal and work use. Even better was the ability to put a notification icon for 4 different email accounts on the home screen!
Not being forced to create a freaking ITUNES ACCOUNT!! Yeah I know every platform has accounts they want you to create but when I used the iPhone it was literally a useless brick unless I created an iTunes account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs