I still get official updates from Nokia / Microsoft after Devolper Preview?

IC3M4N FX

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi people,
First sry my english is not so good I still hope you can help me.
I wanted to ask if I still get official updates from Nokia for example, firmware or Microsoft Windows Phone update after a Devoleper update for example Windows Phone 8.1 GDR1.
I got my Nokia Lumia 930 updated German version Provider Free. I fear I only when I reset the phone completely I get official updates if so it would be really awkward .......
I hope someone can help :)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Yup. You get official ones along with the preview ones, and yes, resetting your phone takes you out of the developer preview - fixed by reinstalling the app and enrolling again.

Except in certain circumstances, such as the current Preview/Cyan/Bitlocker issue.

IC3M4N FX

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Yup. You get official ones along with the preview ones, and yes, resetting your phone takes you out of the developer preview - fixed by reinstalling the app and enrolling again.

Except in certain circumstances, such as the current Preview/Cyan/Bitlocker issue.

Thank you so I hardly cons if I am aware of the risk that not all runs smoothly in a preview update I still then get a final version? :)

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
Thank you so I hardly cons if I am aware of the risk that not all runs smoothly in a preview update I still then get a final version? :)

Pretty much, so long as MS don't break something lol. And on the proviso it's supported still - Lumia 810 is a case in point.. T-Mobile US pretty much discontinued it sometime after the Amber firmware so Black or Cyan (and later) will never be released for it but they can still enjoy the dev previews for the time being.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon