ICON Roll Call

tcman88

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the new Samsung WP will beat the Icon to market?

May/June is the expected release date for what appears to be Samsung. However I think WPC said the phone has 4.3 display and the one listed in our internal system has a 5' display. Either they are two separate devices or info in our internal system is wrong doesn't happen often.

When it comes to Icon it seems like everyone knows everything and nothing about the phone. All I can say that Icon is listed for general release two to four weeks and that was I believe two weeks ago.

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Valentines day is on Feb 14th. We release new devices on Thursdays hence the 13th would have been a logical date to pick. However my department was told not to expect any new devices until the second week of March.
march 5th announcement, confirmed^

I think this whole thing is just a smear campaign against tcmans and his source system's creditability

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Went to my local store last night. Not only did they not know anything about the ICON/929 ("Is that the one with the 41MP camera?"), but they didn't have a single WP on display. All Android phones and tablets and an iphone 5S and 5C in the back corner.

UncleGrandpa

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
With all due respect to WP Central ...when I see it for sale on the MS store and/ or Verizon store, then its official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zippier

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I doubt you care one way or another. Your preferred OS is apparently chosen. It's like the Toyota of OS's. Sturdy, does the job, boring and everyone else has one.

zorb58

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I will be excruciatingly pissed if this phone isn't announced today. The more it gets delayed, the more I doubt this phone's reality. I will finally be moving off of Windows Phone 7 (HTC Trophy) in mid-march and I DO NOT want a 928, which is outdated now. I purchased an outdated phone last time (March 2012) just to get a Windows Phone. I WILL NOT be doing that again. I'll switch to AT&T for a premium experience.

Stuphologist

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my 928 back in September, and it landed right on a corner. Really beautiful set of cracks in the screen, but other than being a bit twitchy where the crack lines are it works. Which is why, when I saw the leak about the 929, I waited. And I've been waiting "one more month" every month since then. Now it's my birthday, and if Verizon doesn't cough up this phone I swear I'm going to do something rash, like move the whole family to T-Mo. They're running that "we'll buy out your contract" promo now, and I'm about irked enough to do it!

Astropin

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my 928 back in September, and it landed right on a corner. Really beautiful set of cracks in the screen, but other than being a bit twitchy where the crack lines are it works. Which is why, when I saw the leak about the 929, I waited. And I've been waiting "one more month" every month since then. Now it's my birthday, and if Verizon doesn't cough up this phone I swear I'm going to do something rash, like move the whole family to T-Mo. They're running that "we'll buy out your contract" promo now, and I'm about irked enough to do it!

Ummm.....it was announced today. Should be available by the 20th.

falconrap

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
im sorry for my lack of checking -_-
but thank you

I only say that because, if you are on the site's forums, how can you miss the review on the front page? Not trying to be a you no what, just surprised that a couple of people came on here wondering where the announcement was without even noticing the review. That's life, I guess.

Maanasee Deshmukh

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
I only say that because, if you are on the site's forums, how can you miss the review on the front page? Not trying to be a you no what, just surprised that a couple of people came on here wondering where the announcement was without even noticing the review. That's life, I guess.

uumm it wasnt showing up on the front page for some reason but ok.... xD thanks for the announcement at least we know its confirmed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)