IE11 showing only "mobile version"

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Has this issue been addressed in the cyan update? Those who got the update kindly shed light on it; as I'm still waiting for the update...

BengalTigger

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
After Cyan, IE still ignores the "desktop version" setting. I am unable to get any site to display full desktop version unless I can find a link on that site allowing me to switch to desktop. WHAT A PAIN. I've basically quit using my phone to browse.

rhp100

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
I invested in a Lumia 1520.3 so that I could use on T-Mobile. Big investment. My former Windows phone, HTC Radar 4G, never had this problem. Major disappointment Microsoft! The whole point is that this is a phablet . . . Particularly kills my eBay and Amazon experiences. I am running cyan and hopping for a fix in an upcoming update. If IE isn't at the core of Microsoft's smart phone strategy then I don't know why they are bothering.

Andreas Hopf

Jan 21, 2015
Visit site
The Cyan "update" made all my favourite business, news and finance websites totally unusable - always only the mobile version displayed, whereas before I, the user, was able to decide via the browser's setting for desktop version display. Cyan is a downgrade : (

What the hell was Microsoft thinking?

Pacster

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Did you find a solution to this, please?
We have a mobile optimised site but in IE11 on desktop the mobile version's menu is replacing the desktop menu and overlaying on the desktop site down the left-hand site in a text version of what the mobile menu would look like.
The optimised version should not be picked-up by non-mobile devices so we can't work-out why the desktop version is behaving this way!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou in anticipation.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I suspect it has something to do with Windows Phone 8.1.1 making IE 11 Mobile sometimes lie and send its User Agent String as being Android or iOS, to try and force the websites to load and render properly by tricking them.

Because of that, I personally have noticed a dramatic decrease in quality of my browsing experience since Update 1 went live in August of last year. Here's to Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge fixing it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs