If I change regions do I keep everything I've purchased in the stores?

F Paz

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Changing regions/stores

Hi, I have a question about the region/store change. If I buy something from the Microsoft Store or Xbox services (music or TV shows) and then move to another country such as moving from Canada to the US, do I keep my stuff? do I have to change my store?

As adjacent question: if I change my account to US, and buy using the Music Deals app or using bing rewards, but I live in Canada, is it a problem? is it legal?

Thank you!

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Changing regions/stores

Hi, I have a question about the region/store change. If I buy something from the Microsoft Store or Xbox services (music or TV shows) and then move to another country such as moving from Canada to the US, do I keep my stuff? do I have to change my store?

As adjacent question: if I change my account to US, and buy using the Music Deals app or using bing rewards, but I live in Canada, is it a problem? is it legal?

Thank you!

Yes, you will keep everything. No, it is not illegal (but you may want to check with your local policies just to make sure).

A lot of users have been switching their region to U.S. just to be able to use Cortana even though they are really not in the U.S., which means they have to switch back to their true region in order to purchase something (an app, or the like) in the Store and then switch back to U.S. after the purchase without problems.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: Changing regions/stores

Only thing what can happen is that for some apps you need to switch back the region to get an update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786