I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Come on you guys! You wash your clothes? I wear mine until they disintegrate, and at that point I assess the situation to see what is the best way to get another set.
Oooooh!!!You must be single. Get your nasty self over by TgeekB's riverbed and scrub up. You ain't getting near my $1,000 Buckboard X Plus.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Oooooh!!!You must be single. Get your nasty self over by TgeekB's riverbed and scrub up. You ain't getting near my $1,000 Buckboard X Plus.

It works for me. I don't need all that fancy schmancy washin' stuff.

Plus, I have 8 kids. Just sayin...

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
It's not about social media and entertainment. There are many apps that lack certain basic functions that the competition has. Even though I don't do it, I know that many people like to do mobile deposit and with so many banking apps gone, it's a problem for some and Edge isn't an option.

I believe Windows has more functionality out of the box than Android and iOS. But the inability to enhance the experience through apps is why the platform is where it is.

I guess using your phone as a level or tape measure could come in handy. Possibly watching an animated face mimic your facial expressions and drawing cute little pictures to your wife just to let her know your thinking about her would be a vast improvement over Microsoft administrative account set up for seamless connectivity through all devices just by an email account. The ability to effortlessly attach files read, send and share work files no matter where you are at with whatever device best suits the situation is child's play to those things aforementioned. I almost forgot that the family features are pretty dull and limited too on Microsoft's platform. Silly me didn't realize how productive an android or IPhone could be with their seamless integration. By the way.. I have a Samsung Galaxy s8 company phone...USELESS! Sets in middle console and hasn't been charged or turned on in over 8 months...1520 did the job for 3 years(daughter has it now), 950 picked right up where it left off. , 10,000 plus songs ripped to one drive, seamless 365 office integration, brilliant pictures, docs, uploaded to one drive accessible anywhere, ability to be sent in a moments to coworkers, mobile YouTube on edge works flawlessly, mobile Facebook on edge works as good the desktop version (IMO) mobile works better. You can cry about it is doomed all you want ...funny how a doomed OS still out performs the others in productivity and integration both in work and play.

I will say this: my kids agree with you though...they complain about the lack of apps too. At the same time, they like the use of 365, music, social media and the UI's ability to bring it all into a comprehensive user friendly experience. They like the ability at school, at home on the road...login with an email account and the UI experience is unchanging/fluid Desktop/Notebook/Tablet/Phone.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
You can cry about it is doomed all you want ...funny how a doomed OS still out performs the others in productivity and integration both in work and play.
I guess you didn't read my last sentences. I'm a business user with only a Facebook account to bother me with useless fluff. I know Windows is more functional, I've ranted endlessly on these boards about it ad nauseum. I'm Continuum's biggest fan. But I hate to have to carry 2 devices because I can't check in for a flight without having to make the insufferable lines at Miami International or save money at my favorite retailers because I don't have access to their rewards programs.

It's not so much that it's doomed. It's severely restricted compared to the competition and as I get older, I appreciate anything that makes my life easier. I don't like Android or iOS, not even a little bit. But I know when to cut bait.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I guess you didn't read my last sentences. I'm a business user with only a Facebook account to bother me with useless fluff. I know Windows is more functional, I've ranted endlessly on these boards about it ad nauseum. I'm Continuum's biggest fan. But I hate to have to carry 2 devices because I can't check in for a flight without having to make the insufferable lines at Miami International or save money at my favorite retailers because I don't have access to their rewards programs.

It's not so much that it's doomed. It's severely restricted compared to the competition and as I get older, I appreciate anything that makes my life easier. I don't like Android or iOS, not even a little bit. But I know when to cut bait.

Nope! Didn't miss that point. There is a reason they are supporting devices up to 2019. If WCOS is what they say it is. Looking at W10 on Desktop and notebooks...it screams mobile phone commitment. OEM's will make and sell them if WCOS is usable across all platforms. So, I fly few times a year, I mainly drive..company email and Services work great on these phones. So , purchased some cheap Microsoft phones to ensure my 9 family members and 1 can continue to use a more productive platform and bide time until Microsoft and OEM's (hp, ibm, dell, etc...etc..) put WCOS across all platforms. It will take some time; it is a big undertaking what Microsoft has set out to do.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Nope! Didn't miss that point. There is a reason they are supporting devices up to 2019. If WCOS is what they say it is. Looking at W10 on Desktop and notebooks...it screams mobile phone commitment. OEM's will make and sell them if WCOS is usable across all platforms. So, I fly few times a year, I mainly drive..company email and Services work great on these phones. So , purchased some cheap Microsoft phones to ensure my 9 family members and 1 can continue to use a more productive platform and bide time until Microsoft and OEM's (hp, ibm, dell, etc...etc..) put WCOS across all platforms. It will take some time; it is a big undertaking what Microsoft has set out to do.

I admire your positive outlook. I just don’t see it as being that easy. As others have said, being productive is about having what you need and want and for me, for instance, that comes with iPhone. For others it’s Android. For you it’s Windows Mobile. To argue over it is silly.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I admire your positive outlook. I just don’t see it as being that easy. As others have said, being productive is about having what you need and want and for me, for instance, that comes with iPhone. For others it’s Android. For you it’s Windows Mobile. To argue over it is silly.

Not arguing, not in the least. Just giving a point of view that is rooted in facts. Groove is functional if you are using OneDrive to stream from and will remain that way. I purchased 365 family package for $99 a year. Which gives 1TB of storage on OneDrive and up to 5 installs on multiple devices. It also gives you the ability to share with 5 other individuals who also get 1TB of storage each on OneDrive and 5 devices too. Personally there is more functionality to lose by jumping ship over convenience of a few apps. A few apps that probably could be easily replaced with a Little ingenuity. No lag, no adds, no gimmicks...just the ability to sign in on 4 devices with a simple Microsoft email account/profile and have the piece of mind knowing it all just gels seamlessly.

Point is: If you truly think it is the best of the three and certainly had the potential to remain that way ; why would you leave it knowing what you are headed to just isn't what you are leaving behind? Really? What actually has changed? Microsoft saying what? I've read the articles, watched the interviews. Nadella hasn't said Microsoft has written off phones. He has said they will make phones. Just not in multiple variants. I took this as the current W10M OS just wasn't capable of providing them the ability to reach said goal. In order to do this , they must rethink and restructure the mobile devices to adapt to W10. Arm architecture wasn't it. Hence....WCOS. Think about it. Nadella said...We will continue to make phones, just not like the phone you use today. I am baffled somewhat in the poor communication with Microsoft consumers. At the same time...one wonders if it is due to paranoia. Afraid to say to much to soon and show your hand. Possible they want to have it nailed down before? Think about it..WM7 , 7.5, 8.0, 8.1, WM10...They sank all that time, effort to just say screw it. There is a pattern here and that pattern would dictate both logically and strategically to work towards a goal while still keeping a foot in the door. Nadella appears to be trying the tentacle approach. Attacking it from the inside out whilst they perfect and bring it to fruition.

Last edited:

Grant Taylor3

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Not arguing, not in the least. Just giving a point of view that is rooted in facts. Groove is functional if you are using OneDrive to stream from and will remain that way. I purchased 365 family package for $99 a year. Which gives 1TB of storage on OneDrive and up to 5 installs on multiple devices. It also gives you the ability to share with 5 other individuals who also get 1TB of storage each on OneDrive and 5 devices too. Personally there is more functionality to lose by jumping ship over convenience of a few apps. A few apps that probably could be easily replaced with a Little ingenuity. No lag, no adds, no gimmicks...just the ability to sign in on 4 devices with a simple Microsoft email account/profile and have the piece of mind knowing it all just gels seamlessly.

Point is: If you truly think it is the best of the three and certainly had the potential to remain that way ; why would you leave it knowing what you are headed to just isn't what you are leaving behind? Really? What actually has changed? Microsoft saying what? I've read the articles, watched the interviews. Nadella hasn't said Microsoft has written off phones. He has said they will make phones. Just not in multiple variants. I took this as the current W10M OS just wasn't capable of providing them the ability to reach said goal. In order to do this , they must rethink and restructure the mobile devices to adapt to W10. Arm architecture wasn't it. Hence....WCOS. Think about it. Nadella said...We will continue to make phones, just not like the phone you use today. I am baffled somewhat in the poor communication with Microsoft consumers. At the same time...one wonders if it is due to paranoia. Afraid to say to much to soon and show your hand. Possible they want to have it nailed down before? Think about it..WM7 , 7.5, 8.0, 8.1, WM10...They sank all that time, effort to just say screw it. There is a pattern here and that pattern would dictate both logically and strategically to work towards a goal while still keeping a foot in the door. Nadella appears to be trying the tentacle approach. Attacking it from the inside out whilst they perfect and bring it to fruition.
This is like the old Beta max vs VHS situation the better system lost out and the world moved on.

Windows 10 Mobile is nice and usable but with little support from MS and OEM's we either close our eyes and carry on or we move to another platform.

I have moved to a Galaxy S8 as my daily driver and use my 950 for what I dislike on Android.

Last edited:

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone, iPad Pro and Macbook pro. They all are seamlessly integrated. If I receive a text message on one I can answer it on another. iCloud on all 3 devices. Music on all 3 devices. Plus all the apps I want. It’s just another way to do things. You can post 10,000 word rants all you want but it doesn’t change reality.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I have an iPhone, iPad Pro and Macbook pro. They all are seamlessly integrated. If I receive a text message on one I can answer it on another. iCloud on all 3 devices. Music on all 3 devices. Plus all the apps I want. It’s just another way to do things. You can post 10,000 word rants all you want but it doesn’t change reality.

Basic features..what device doesn't do that. What reality is that?
I never said it wasn't the end for these devices in 2019. I'm saying straight from the CEO's mouth. They will keep making phones. So , reality: Macs are limited..PC desktop. not. There is a reason why Microsoft is a must in business. Macs you don't need. You cannot say that concerning Macs (a must)

Which leads to the reality...if WCOS come to fruition....then I would think Microsoft gains the upper hand long term.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Basic features..what device doesn't do that. What reality is that?
I never said it wasn't the end for these devices in 2019. I'm saying straight from the CEO's mouth. They will keep making phones. So , reality: Macs are limited..PC desktop. not. There is a reason why Microsoft is must in business. Macs you don't need. You cannot say that concerning Macs.

I hope you’re correct and they keep making phones. The CEO has said many things so I guess we will wait and see. I’m glad it works for you but I’m not quite sure what you’re arguing about except you want to be right.

Believe what you want and stand your ground Buttercup.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I hope you’re correct and they keep making phones. The CEO has said many things so I guess we will wait and see. I’m glad it works for you but I’m not quite sure what you’re arguing about except you want to be right.

Believe what you want and stand your ground Buttercup.

Only believing Nadella when he says,"Microsoft will continue making phones, just not like we have today." Time will tell. I know Microsoft isn't going to disappear any time soon. We will see...just buttering up my cups for the Microsoft phones to be..lol

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Only believing Nadella when he says,"Microsoft will continue making phones, just not like we have today." Time will tell. I know Microsoft isn't going to disappear any time soon. We will see...just buttering up my cups for the Microsoft phones to be..lol

LOL!

You are correct, Microsoft isn’t going anywhere soon. They are entrenched in business and will be a software provider for many years to come. Will have to see if the new phones which are not really phones things pan out and become the next phase of mobile devices or just another prototype that never succeeds. I think businesses could be more apt to adopt them, I’m not sure the consumer is ready. But hey, I’ve been wrong before!

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
LOL!

You are correct, Microsoft isn’t going anywhere soon. They are entrenched in business and will be a software provider for many years to come. Will have to see if the new phones which are not really phones things pan out and become the next phase of mobile devices or just another prototype that never succeeds. I think businesses could be more apt to adopt them, I’m not sure the consumer is ready. But hey, I’ve been wrong before!

Your telling me that you wouldn't snatch one up to use ..lol I. Will... There will be such a device but who knows what it will look like .

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Your telling me that you wouldn't snatch one up to use ..lol I. Will... There will be such a device but who knows what it will look like .

Trust me, I was looking forward to trying one (depending on price) but mainly because I’m a geek. I don’t think the average consumer is ready for that. They just need something that helps them through the day without being complicated. That’s the thing: if you are going to make a new device, any device, you have to have a market for it. A few people on a fan forum won’t make it profitable. That’s where I think businesses come in who may find a use for them in large numbers.

SUCKITUPBUTTERCUP

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Trust me, I was looking forward to trying one (depending on price) but mainly because I’m a geek. I don’t think the average consumer is ready for that. They just need something that helps them through the day without being complicated. That’s the thing: if you are going to make a new device, any device, you have to have a market for it. A few people on a fan forum won’t make it profitable. That’s where I think businesses come in who may find a use for them in large numbers.
Exactly!

Aithan

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
I'm a Windows Phone fan and will be to the end and even beyond, but I recently bought an LG V30+ to accompany my 640LTE so I can have a better-supported platform to jump on when I need it.

Note: I own an iPod Touch 5th Gen and prior to my new phone, an Android tablet and I like them both for their own reasons. My Windows loyalty is not exclusive of other ecosystems.

Seamless integration was and will always be the source of my love for the Windows ecosystem - something that may be familiar to Apple fans as well.

One account and bam. Done. No more logins no more having to set settings everywhere. Open up Word, pull up doc from internal, external, OneDrive. Open up OneNote, edit, pick up later on my PC.

My experience with Android (earlier on anyways) was janky and a bit piecemeal. iCloud was better within the Apple system.

And music and video management?

A friendlier system than Apple and its hook-in requirement with iTunes (in my opinion) - especially since WMA support was a no-go. Android was friendlier, too.

Since I'm an audio and visual junkie and one who likes to manage their own personal content in general without using apps, this weighed and still weighs heavily in my opinions and decisions.

Since I had no portable DAC, I ripped 'lossless' WMA and both my PC and phone could and can play it without fuss. If I want to add music or videos or any other content on a fly, just pop in my USB and transfer to appropriate folders. No iTunes needed.

The no-fuss save-content-to-expandable-external function beat both iOS and Android hands down for this exact reason.

Tell Windows Phone you want to save all content to SD and bam. Plug in and transfer all personal content including music, videos, downloads, docs on both internal and external.

Now couple this with everything else and that's why I am a Windows Phone and Windows ecosystem fan. It's not perfect at all, but what's important to me is what I love and so it works for me.

I love that system and I still have hope. But seeing as how expanding my ecosystem experience can only be a good thing, I now also own the LG V30+.

Because life is also good with a fantastic smartphone device coupled with official DAC support and on a more 'open' ecosystem.

My Windows Phone lives and long live all my live tiles that make up the beauty of my home screen.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss