I'm standing my ground, and sticking with Windows Mobile.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Target doesn't support tap-to-pay but their app uses a QR code to validate coupons and link your RedCard for payment.

That's how Walmart Pay works as well. The payment terminal shows a QR code that the Walmart app reads. It actually works very well and I used to use it quite a bit, but ever since I got a Samsung I only use Samsung Pay.

Marckley E

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I have held on to Windows phone as long as I possibly could. I've been a windows phone user for 11 years. 11 YEARS!!! I'm using a 950XL at the moment, love it. But the lack of app is finally catching up to me. I hate opening an app today, and it not work the next day because the developer decided to stop supporting the app. Several popular apps disappeared from the store. Paypal, Chase, Zillow, Realtor app, Xfinity, watch ABC, Lumia apps, to name a few. Windows phone no longer offers the convenience that android, and iphone have to offer. Snapchat is one of the most popular apps out there. It was created in 2011 and we can't even get on WP. Its 3rd party app was banned. I'm tired of compromising. I'M TIRED OF SETTLING FOR LESS.

Here are the top 3 reasons I decided to give up WP:

1. Killing Groove Music. - That was the last straw for me. Spotify is not nearly as good as Groove. Not even close. Spotify's catalog is can't compete with Groove's catalog. Why would they discontinue on of their best apps?

2. The Windows phone guru's at Microsoft no longer use Windows Phones. They gave up on their own product. Why should I care for it when they don't.

3. Microsoft is focusing on developing and supporting their apps for OS and Android. I intend to switch to Android and transform it into a Windows Phone.

I will still keep my 950XL and update from time to time to check in on the progress. I like the rumors I've been hearing about a Surface phone. The rumored design looks awesome. If developers want to go back and start creating and supporting apps for WP I may come back. But sadly, I won't be holding my breath.

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 and a iPhone SE that is less than a year old. Both have slowed to a snails pace after I upgraded to iOS11, and now I am on iOS 11.2.1 and my battery is getting drained.

With the news that both my phones are being throttled "to save battery", or, I mean, to get everyone to drop another $900 on a new iPhone... I pulled my Lumia 640 out of a box and loaded it up. It is so much faster than my 2 iPhones, especially with the throttling. All I need is email, phone, TuneIn and music, so why not? So today I am switching back to the Windows phone and see how it goes. If anyone has a solution to get Google Play to work on the Lumia, let me know.

I hope Microsoft comes out with their own device, that would assure Windows Mobile will continue.

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 and a iPhone SE that is less than a year old. Both have slowed to a snails pace after I upgraded to iOS11, and now I am on iOS 11.2.1 and my battery is getting drained.

With the news that both my phones are being throttled "to save battery", or, I mean, to get everyone to drop another $900 on a new iPhone... I pulled my Lumia 640 out of a box and loaded it up. It is so much faster than my 2 iPhones, especially with the throttling. All I need is email, phone, TuneIn and music, so why not? So today I am switching back to the Windows phone and see how it goes. If anyone has a solution to get Google Play to work on the Lumia, let me know.

I hope Microsoft comes out with their own device, that would assure Windows Mobile will continue.

I have an SE as well. No throttling at all. It only will happen under certain high power situations and if your battery has degraded to a point where your phone would actually shut down.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
“I have an iPhone 6 and a iPhone SE that is less than a year old. Both have slowed to a snails pace after I upgraded to iOS11, and now I am on iOS 11.2.1 and my battery is getting drained.”

Then you need to reset them. I have a 6s plus, it is faster on 11.2.1 than it was on 10.3.3. Same with my daughter’s 6 plus. Same with my iPad mini 4. All are faster now.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't remember if I posted this or not.

One of my friends, a longtime WP and WM user, finally went with the horrid SGS8 and ditched his 950xl. He sent me a picture of all his Microsoft phone boxes lined up. Lots of investment down the drain:

https://i.imgur.com/QuYYbLi.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3
I love that your still rocking the x3. I had that phone for a hot second this summer. great phone!

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I don't remember if I posted this or not.

One of my friends, a longtime WP and WM user, finally went with the horrid SGS8 and ditched his 950xl. He sent me a picture of all his Microsoft phone boxes lined up. Lots of investment down the drain:

https://i.imgur.com/QuYYbLi.jpg

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3

I could make a similar picture with a 620, 1520, 640XL and 950XL lined up. I now use an X3.

I love that your still rocking the x3. I had that phone for a hot second this summer. great phone!

I now use an X3 too. I think it is fine for what I need and a very competent phone overall.

Dono Newcomb

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think its important to remember to not put words in Microsoft's Mouth, there's a HUGE difference in what Microsoft actually says and what the "Negative Publicity Artists" (aka NPA) are twisting and spinning. Remember that Microsoft has to compete in a CUTTHROAT business where release of information at the wrong time will get ideas stolen by the competition and/or give the NPA a new target. You have to admit there are a lot of NPA on the internet these days.

Joe Mazzeo

Jan 7, 2018
Visit site
Who else is with me? Till the bitter end we stick together, we will make it through, and we know good things come to those who wait.

My 1520 finally crashed and screen shattered, I'm now looking for a 950XL as an upgrade or if I can find an HP x3 for cheap that'll be great too.

I don't think WM is a burning and a sinking ship at all, I just think we're in a transitional phase, and there's absolutely no reason why MS isn't doing something secretly in their Research Lab. They're most likely preparing for the post-smartphone era that's about to unfold in the next couple of years or so. I'm very excited to finally see the "foldable phone" they've been working on for quite some time now, and I'm sure it'll be great.

I would totally understand why you are leaving this platform, and it's absolutely within reason and totally justified, I won't miss you though because I know deep down inside, you've got a special place for WM and you'll eventually come back to us when a new spark has been ignited.

But for us who are staying and sticking through this long haul, we're going to be all right. Everything is going to be all right. We shall make it through and reap the rewards when the time is right.

I too am a die hard windows phone fan! I have several and plan to reactivate one of mine with the broken screen. Why? For me it's easier to use. I also have an Android Samsung phone and I find Android to require a lot more work to use. I like the way my email accounts automatically connect on windows and the fact that I can stay with my MS accounts and move from my phone to my laptop with little effort. I'm sorry some of the support is gone for the MS PHONE.

muehlhans

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
I am with you. And I thought that I was the only one out here. I love using the Windows Mobile operating system. I have tried ios and android and do not like either. I like how my phone syncs with my Surface Pro and my desk top. I like how I can do a power point presentation with the continuum app right from my phone. I like how I can open multiple browsers when using Edge, etc. What I don't like is how companies discontinue Windows apps. About a year ago I purchased an Alcatel Idol 4S with the Windows 10 operating system. It has 64 GB storage and a 21 MP camera and came with VR goggles. Love this phone and would like to try the HP Elite when the price drops a little, it is still $799. I noticed that the Microsoft Store is pushing Android to it's gamer customers. I keep hearing the Microsoft Mobile has died but then the other day Microsoft sent a large update to my phone and it gives me hope that they will not ditch WM.

abhijeet1980

Jan 10, 2018
Visit site
I am here just to say that i have been using Nokia windows phone and i am loving it. Gesture beta is awesome. Intelligent people intelligent phone

BlueEchoes

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I pulled my Lumia 640 out of a drawer and moved off a 6 month old iPhone SE to go back to Windows OS. It is by far the superior OS. I am fine with the apps it has. Sure, having more apps would be a plus, but I make it work with no issues. At this time, I am here to stay. I may even buy that Idol 4s deal Microsoft is having.

Windows Phone user. Loner. Rebel.

hnikesch

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I am sticking with WP, my DD is a 950 with spare new battery, I also have 2 640's and a 640xl as backup. I agree the mobile web sites are a great work around for many missing apps. The apps I need are still working, audio book reader, marine navigation, MS Band, SmartThings, Waze, and the office apps, email, music player, and the rest I use are mobile web sites

Genghis7777

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
In spirit, I'm with you, however my wife went over to Android (after her L830 died).

She was all at sea at first, until I installed Nine Mail and SquareHome2. The combination creates quite the W10M experience. Thus there is life after W10M.

My L830 is still going strong, and I can't fault it. I won't be changing over until this dies.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99