Indian 920 corner

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
They have listed it for 35k with 2100 discount.. so its 32900 but its always out of stock
their customer support have no idea also when it will be in stock

Aditya Phulwani

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey, Gonna get the L920 soon, was just browsing through the forums and saw a LOT of issues with the hardware and many people returning their phones because of the issues. (the light leak, the random shut-downs, the battery issues, the top of the phone being 'loose' and the rattling). Just wanted to know has this happened to people with L920 models in India? Is the hardware still problematic ? or was only the initial stock bad?

I dont wanna be running around to Nokia care to get my phone fixed/returned after buying it.

Any feedback would be awesome!

Aleem Aslam

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey, Gonna get the L920 soon, was just browsing through the forums and saw a LOT of issues with the hardware and many people returning their phones because of the issues. (the light leak, the random shut-downs, the battery issues, the top of the phone being 'loose' and the rattling). Just wanted to know has this happened to people with L920 models in India? Is the hardware still problematic ? or was only the initial stock bad?

I dont wanna be running around to Nokia care to get my phone fixed/returned after buying it.

Hi, I got Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow color model after waiting 2 weeks. The device is awesome & a crowd puller. The camera is no doubt awesome.

I was also worried like you before getting the phone, but now am not. Had no issues with the phone since I brought it 3 days back. The no rattling sound. No shut down or lag issue. Even my sister was using this phone since Jan, she didn't have any issue.

Yes, but battery is a issue for the first couple weeks. My sister phone's battery also was draining after 6-7 hrs of use. But now it's settled. She is getting almost 10-12 hrs which is good as she uses her phone quite regularly. I got wireless charger which is good. When not in use, I always let it charge on the pad, so I don't have any problem.

So, other than battery issue for the first 2 weeks, lumia 920 works great. Love the unlimited music, Nokia drive & the camera. iPhone 5 & Samsung S3 camera is no match to it.

Nik_Ind

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site

Hey! I bought a Lumia 920 in Red just 2 days after it was launched, so I can assure you that it was from the initial batch, and I've had no issues whatsoever! My advice to you is, don't base your decision on experiences that other people have had. I understand that what they've experienced is bad but it doesn't mean that you'll be facing the same. Even if you do, Nokia's after-sales support isn't bad(been using Nokia since the last 8 years now!). Besides that, you're missing out on the fun that the device has to offer! Just go ahead and buy it carefree! Cheers!:excited:

Aditya Phulwani

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Whatever you do,make sure Skype stays off your phone!

That sucks. I use Skype quite a lot. im sure an update will come soon though.

Does viber work? and hows the latest whatsapp update? did it fix all the issues?

thank you for the feedback guys! :)
gonna be picking one up soon (white). Though it sucks that they arent giving us the charging plate with the phone.
Im sure this phone will be amazing. love WP8 and Nokia. and the camera looks amazing.

charming_arpit

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I got myself Lumia 920 RED from delhi! I must say it is an excellent device. I had been using Windows 7.8 on HTC Titan before moving onto Nokia and I must confess I am totally bowled over by the Nokia exclusive app collection. I don't think Nokia Lumia 920 is too costly. It looks an exclusive device unlike cheap looking Samsung. Highly Recommended! I am just waiting for Temple Run on Windows Platform though!

Nik_Ind

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
That sucks. I use Skype quite a lot. im sure an update will come soon though.

Does viber work? and hows the latest whatsapp update? did it fix all the issues?

thank you for the feedback guys! :)
gonna be picking one up soon (white). Though it sucks that they arent giving us the charging plate with the phone.
Im sure this phone will be amazing. love WP8 and Nokia. and the camera looks amazing.

I did use viber a bit just for the heck of it and it seemed to work fine for me, but nowhere close in comparison to what it's like on my brother's iPhone 5. They've fixed quite a lot of issues with WhatsApp and I must say that it's way better than it was! Although, I have this problem that's probably connected to my network connection, there's a lag between the display of an incoming message when I get into the app. It shows on the tile and also in the preview but shows up in the app a little later. I've read about others having the same issue. No big deal though since the lag isn't much.

noopster

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
Which one amongst 'Weatherflow' and 'Amazing Weather HD' is a better or cooler weather app according to you guys? If I have to plonk my money down one of the two which one do I buy?

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
can any one help me improve battery life of my lumia 920. bought it yesterday... was able to get moderate use for around 7 hrs...
battery fully drained.

Aleem Aslam

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
can any one help me improve battery life of my lumia 920. bought it yesterday... was able to get moderate use for around 7 hrs...
battery fully drained.

The battery life will improve in a week time.. I brought my NL920 Yellow color model last weekend. After 3-4 days, the battery life is improving. Let the battery settle in.... & btw, its a new awesome phone, we always keep playing with it, the battery is bound to drain fast.

Aleem Aslam

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Which one amongst 'Weatherflow' and 'Amazing Weather HD' is a better or cooler weather app according to you guys? If I have to plonk my money down one of the two which one do I buy?

Go with Amazing Weather HD. It got more options for Live tiles & lock screen. Even I brought the paid version yesterday after trying Amazing weather HD, Weather flow & Frost..

garfieldm89

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
i have got preinstalled English (India) as a language pack which easily understands when i want to call someone or open an app by voice assistance. But it doesnt support voice messaging or dictation. Is der any way i can get that feature which can understand indian accent english

amrut_m

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Soon will be buying a Lumia 920. Fell in love the day i saw it unveil.
Waited till today as thought Nokia mite Launch something better than 920 at MWC,but its ok as they completed the Lumia range ( love the 720 )
Planning to get 920 soon, have a few questions as i will be switching from White Glossy Lumia 800.
1. Shud I go for Yellow or White ?
Yellow is Flashy and a Crowd Puller for sure, looks like a BABY LAMBO :winktongue:
currently been handling a White Lumia since a yr, love the feel and i still dont get bored watching that in my hand, thats why not selling it :winktongue:

2. Shud I use a Screen protector?
Have read on forums that they have hade scratches on their 920's screen, I seriously dont want to happen.
Have been using my Lumia 800 for a yr now, it has 0 scratches on the screen, no body shell, phone is as it was purchased. I dont like keeping such beauties in a Cage :winktongue:

Thx for reading my post kindly reply me soon :wink:

yourfriend4life

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Hey Guys,
Soon will be buying a Lumia 920. Fell in love the day i saw it unveil.
Waited till today as thought Nokia mite Launch something better than 920 at MWC,but its ok as they completed the Lumia range ( love the 720 )
Planning to get 920 soon, have a few questions as i will be switching from White Glossy Lumia 800.
1. Shud I go for Yellow or White ?
Yellow is Flashy and a Crowd Puller for sure, looks like a BABY LAMBO :winktongue:
currently been handling a White Lumia since a yr, love the feel and i still dont get bored watching that in my hand, thats why not selling it :winktongue:

2. Shud I use a Screen protector?
Have read on forums that they have hade scratches on their 920's screen, I seriously dont want to happen.
Have been using my Lumia 800 for a yr now, it has 0 scratches on the screen, no body shell, phone is as it was purchased. I dont like keeping such beauties in a Cage :winktongue:

Thx for reading my post kindly reply me soon :wink:

Buy Yellow.. LIKE A BOSS !
& No Don't put anything on it.. only if your Lumia 920 falls Flat on the Screen having anything sharp like a big stone with Pointed end.. then chances are your Screen might break....
But Lumia 920 IS....... very strong.... See how much it survives..... Watch them in the Correct Sequence..

Nokia Lumia 920 Drop Test - YouTube

Nokia Lumia 920 Hammer & Knife Scratch Test - YouTube

Nokia Lumia 920 Destruction: What Does It Take? - YouTube

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss