Instagram Stuck? Sending...but fee refreshes...slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Yesterday I posted some pictures (multiple) on Instagram for my Nokia 930. I checked later an noticed it said 'sending....' and the blue bar was moving... checked again - same thing.

My feed was refreshing, but only some photos were showing. I checked my network - fine - internet, other apps - browsing, txting work fine.

Reboot my phone....Instagram still stuck at the same place, everything else still working.

Went home - tried Instagram on PC - web, works fine. App on W10 - pictures not showing up, slow....

Anyone else?

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mr. V

SantiagoTejedor

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
uninstalled again...
posted a single image HDR....works...

I have the same problem with my 950. Doesn't matter the quality of the picture, it just cannot handle more than one picture at a time. It used to work though, but then it broke.

I guess we will never get a fix for that, being Windows phone and all...

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
Because W10M, you cannot upload more than one photo at a time. If you try, it literally breaks the app (ask me how I know...). Should you attempt this you have to reset the app or uninstall and reinstall. It's also almost impossible to upload videos to Instagram over cellular data, at least for me with AT&T...

SantiagoTejedor

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I'm sorry but that's not true: you certainly can upload more than one photo. The other day I tried with my son, who also has a 950, and he uploaded like 6 pics to a single Instagram post in a flash. Just like I could do before.

So there must be a bloody glitch somewhere. So weird.

Also it is impossible to upload a pre-recorded video to Instagram Stories. It just won't take it (I was on data too).

CraigCole

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I'm sorry but that's not true: you certainly can upload more than one photo. The other day I tried with my son, who also has a 950, and he uploaded like 6 pics to a single Instagram post in a flash. Just like I could do before.

So there must be a bloody glitch somewhere. So weird.

Also it is impossible to upload a pre-recorded video to Instagram Stories. It just won't take it (I was on data too).

That's so weird! If I try to upload multiple pictures at once it -- literally -- breaks the app such that restarting Instagram or even the phone doesn't fix it. Uninstall and reinstall or reset are the only options to get the app working in any capacity again.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I guess it is multiple pictures.
And no, we will not get a fix....But maybe instagram/Facebook cares more about us than MS? Petition?

them
I have the same problem with my 950. Doesn't matter the quality of the picture, it just cannot handle more than one picture at a time. It used to work though, but then it broke.

I guess we will never get a fix for that, being Windows phone and all...

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had no few problems uploading video on My Story. Occasionally it has missed some. I find your upload speed makes a big difference.

Because W10M, you cannot upload more than one photo at a time. If you try, it literally breaks the app (ask me how I know...). Should you attempt this you have to reset the app or uninstall and reinstall. It's also almost impossible to upload videos to Instagram over cellular data, at least for me with AT&T...

Galaxo11

Aug 3, 2018
Visit site
I HAVE FIGURED THIS OUT. Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead but i figured out that if you go into my files and search instagram in internal storage, you find the vids and pics you upload. From there, if you delete the post that can't be uploaded, next time you open the app it says cannot be posted and you can click on the X and the post is canceled.

Attachments

• 20180802_211029.jpg
    20180802_211029.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180802_211102.jpg
    20180802_211102.jpg
    428.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 20180802_211252.jpg
    20180802_211252.jpg
    417.7 KB · Views: 1

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
I thought I'd just post in this thread since it is IG related. Does anyone else have problems posting stories from camera roll lately? Every time I try to select a photo from gallery, IG turn black and crashes. I tried resetting the app a couple times, even uninstalled it, but no luck. Still the same! This has been going on for almost 2 months now, and I cal only post a story if I take it within the app with that really horrible pixelated IG camera.

Am I the only one or is there any knows solutions to this? This has really been bothering me lately, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@Axeelant I haven't made a story in a long time but videos direct from camera roll in like Instagram and WhatsApp sucks.

What I tend to do is use this app called "Video Optimizer for WhatsApp" it compresses the video smaller and it's easier it to process. Try that?

Also it's not a super long video right?

Axeelant

Nov 20, 2014
Visit site
Hmm thanks for your response, but file size is not a problem here I think. When you try to post a story from camera roll, you go to new story, and when camera opens you swipe down, which brings the camera roll up. Then you select a picture, and at this point I always get black screen and nothing happens. This used to work quite fine up until 2 months ago...

Can you try if it works for you? My friend's 950 also doesn't work :/

sd4f

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I thought I'd just post in this thread since it is IG related. Does anyone else have problems posting stories from camera roll lately? Every time I try to select a photo from gallery, IG turn black and crashes. I tried resetting the app a couple times, even uninstalled it, but no luck. Still the same! This has been going on for almost 2 months now, and I cal only post a story if I take it within the app with that really horrible pixelated IG camera.

Am I the only one or is there any knows solutions to this? This has really been bothering me lately, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

I have the same problem, it was a bug introduced in the last update. Unfortunately, appears to be happening to the desktop version of the app as well.

Looks like it still gets updates, just really slowly. All you can do is send in a bug report and hope for the best.

I'm not sure of any workaround to fix the problem, but also recall that I had issues previously with stories, because very often, what I uploaded, would just show up as a black screen. That bug has been fixed, but now posting from the camera roll doesn't work at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb