Install windows 10 from chromium on my dell

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all until yesterday my dell had windows 10 on it, until i was tampering with ubuntu and it repartitioned by hard drive!. Ubuntu was awful and so complex I installed cloud ready (chromebook). I want to get windows 10 back, however im not sure how possible that is. I know i can download the iso but how do i make that bootable by usb, and as importantly i dont have my product key and im not sure if its written to the bios or not too.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi all until yesterday my dell had windows 10 on it, until i was tampering with ubuntu and it repartitioned by hard drive!. Ubuntu was awful and so complex I installed cloud ready (chromebook). I want to get windows 10 back, however im not sure how possible that is. I know i can download the iso but how do i make that bootable by usb, and as importantly i dont have my product key and im not sure if its written to the bios or not too.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

If Windows 10 was activated on your dell previously then the hardware hash (unique device identifier) is tied to the product key in the cloud. I am not sure what you can use on Chromium to create a bootable usb.

You can try the Rufus portable tool however I am unsure if that will work in chrome or not as i haven't used it. You may very well have to use another PC.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

In future if you wish to play with operating systems, try something like VMware player as this way you don't mess up the bootloader and your o/s installs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99