Is it possible to restore all my backed up data from OneDrive?

simike00

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
I just want to reset my Lumia 640 LTE, running W10M. I wonder if i can restore all my data from OneDrive (I've backed up my data based on this article, along with WhatsApp chats: http://www.windowscentral.com/do-master-reset-windows-10-mobile-insider ) I'd like to know if it's worth formatting both internal memory and SD card.
Thank you in advance!

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
I just want to reset my Lumia 640 LTE, running W10M. I wonder if i can restore all my data from OneDrive (I've backed up my data based on this article, along with WhatsApp chats: http://www.windowscentral.com/do-master-reset-windows-10-mobile-insider ) I'd like to know if it's worth formatting both internal memory and SD card.
Thank you in advance!

There is no phone data that is backed up. Backup includes start screen layout, phone settings, your app list and app data for apps that support this.
Pictures, videos, documents, and music is not backed up. Only you know what you have shared off the phone to onedrive. If it is not there, copy over to the PC or share to OneDrive.
You know how quick your data connection or WiFi is to restore the stuff back to the phone.
If you have stuff on the SD other than apps you will still have it after the update. Apps all have to be downloaded again.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I'm not sure this is correct. My backup also includes my Ringtones folder which gets restored after a hard reset. My other files are all on the SD card so they don't restore, but it looks like at least some of your data files stored on internal storage do get restored.

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Actually, I'm not sure this is correct. My backup also includes my Ringtones folder which gets restored after a hard reset. My other files are all on the SD card so they don't restore, but it looks like at least some of your data files stored on internal storage do get restored.

Ringtones are part of phone settings. WiFi passwords are part of phone settings.
No personal data on the is backed up.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Actually, custom ringtones are simply MP3 files that a user places in the Ringtones folder in the data files structure on the internal storage of the phone. I'm not talking about the built in ringtones you understand, but custom ringtone MP3 files saved to the phone via USB lead from my PC. The MP3 data files stored in the actual folder on the internal storage of the phone are backed up AS WELL AS the settings. They are not 'settings' themselves, they are simple MP3 data files in a folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo