Issues after updating to Denim

High Heels

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Out of curiosity, you got the Denim message on your phone, let it update your phone and then did it again? I'm surprised that once Denim was installed, your phone registered that an update was available or would let you install it again. Did you have to first factory restore back to Cyan?

No, I used Nokia Tool to flash the original image. After that you are back on Cyan and you can update your phone again to Denim.

apocacrux

Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
After the update my screen rotation (accelerometer) is not accurate and it is responds 5 seconds late !
Anyone else with this issue?

Yes! I have been having this issue too. I didn't notice it until I got to a slide section on Minion Rush. It makes the game unplayable. Though Asphalt 8 works, so its strange.

EDIT: A soft reset (power button for 10 seconds) fixed it.

Last edited:

Chris_Milan_Gib

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Zainsul I am having the same issue after updating to Denim. Before I switched on my WiFi and email would sync straight away, now I need to do so manually. This is very annoying especially after switching off Wi-Fi at night time

the whole taco

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site
my 930 was updated to Denim just a few days ago
and I have had no issues with:
  • Here Drive/Maps
  • syncing (in fact it seems improved) both with Wifi on and off
  • double tap (still problematic)
  • screen rotation

mohsen-kh

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
After the Denim update, double tap to wake no longer works well on my 930. My success rate has dropped from about 90% to zero. I have to double tap at least a second time for the screen to turn on.
Secondly, emails no longer sync when I turn on Wi-Fi (I don't have a data plan). On Cyan, the 2 email accounts (Outlook and Gmail) used to sync as soon as I turned on Wi-Fi. Now I have to manually sync both the accounts to get new email.
My current sync setting for both accounts is 'as items arrive'.

I know this thread is about L930, However just to inform you and microsoft mobile, I have exactly the same issues on my L1520. in addition sometimes screen rotation doesn't work.
Denim update added a few new or improved features but at the same time disabled quiet alot of useful features!

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
I just got my 930, did the update and the double tap to wake seems to work 90% of the time for anywhere on screen. Do you think it might be hardware related after use for a while?

awneze

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
My double tap to wake doesn't either and when I'm on a call the screen is black even though the phone isn't in my ear, like my proximity sensor doesn't work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254