It's late November, where's denim?!!!!

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
And what if you have an unlocked (carrier free) phone? Those usually gets the updates earlier because there's no approval of the operator needed. Also, I thought the unlocked phones are getting the update almost as soon as the carriers received the update to test and approve, so I hope this is true because it will mean we get the update very very soon!

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
the last time we got a firmware update(cyan) i got it first from my operator than the unlocked ones... so maybe it's not like you wished, anyway let's see what soon means to microsoft and the operators...

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I can remember all CV 920's in my regio (the Netherlands) got the cyan update before the ones with carrier, so yeah, it could go either way. Fingers crossed!

ByeVanno

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Maybe Microsoft is trying to be like apple and wait for at least most places to be approved so they can push it out to a bunch of regions at once to the 930 and 1520s out there

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't care about updates anymore. But I want the Lumia camera for **** sake!!!! I have the 830 with denim already so give it to me like you said on IFA, **** MS !!!

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
MS tooks too long between the anouncement of things till the release... time to change my friends. i see windows 10 preview getting updated every week but for wp not realy...

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
MS tooks too long between the anouncement of things till the release... time to change my friends. i see windows 10 preview getting updated every week but for wp not realy...

Preview for Developers on Windows Phone gets pretty regular updates...

Lumia Denim is finalized firmware, optimized for your device (and a variation of optimization for each and every Lumia model actually). Let's not confuse apples with oranges.

Jonnie LasVegas

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The wireless provider depending update scheme will kill window phone. Why don't MS understand.
They do, but they have no power over the carriers. Even Android doesn't have enough clout to pull that off. Only Apple has this deal in place, simply because they were the first, so to speak.

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Just like Microsoft and Google, Apple goes through carrier approval, usually just before the launch. They just have a couple models that need to go through the testing rather than several dozen at a time

Giddora

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Sigh... Unfortunately some ignorant WP-users are really pushing hard to destroy the feel of the WP-community. This impatient madness is really pushing people away.

Lollipop was announced and released two months ago and its on 0.1% of the devices... Denim hasn't been released yet and yet here people are ******** like it's a human rights violation.

I really wish some people left WP for Android... You don't deserve WP.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786