List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Why are people flipping because certain apps are not working?

The update JUST came out today, people? If the Facebook Beta app is not working at least give them more than 4 hours to update it.
I'm not flipping out; I was just genuinely curious. I uninstalled it for now, and moved to the updated version of the release application.

Perhaps it's my ever-so-slight southern accent, but I jokingly wanted to ask Cortana, "what does the fox say?", but she either thinks i'm saying "box" or "f*#%&". It is pretty amusing that she understands curse words though.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Agree with a few, disagree with a few.

Long pressing the action center icons will actually toggle. I think this is the way it should be. For example I can either turn off my WiFi, or go into the settings to change hotspots.

As for the clear all. I can go back and forth on that. Maybe I went into the action center to mess with WiFi, but while I'm there I'll just clear all my notifications. I'd hate to for it to close forcing me to go back in again. But I can also see where you're coming from too.

I do get Twitter as a choice when I want to share a photo. I'm missing OneDrive, which is a shame.

About the action center:
- If you have several notifications from one app (like Whatsapp) and you tap on one of the messages... it doesn't delete all the other notifications of whatsapp.
- When you use the "clear all" notifications, the action center should hide, but it doesn't... you have to pull up, or press back.
- there should be more options in the action center (data, nfc)
- when you press any button in the action center, it should be act as an on/off switch, not jump into the setting.

-App listing: now showing games, I liked the way it was before.
-Battery sense doesn't have a live tile
-When trying to share a picture, I don't get anymore Twitter, or other apps I have installed (6tag, wechat) :(
-Calendar tile still doesn't show more than one appointment.

sudhisoma

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
A bit out of topic! But whatsapp is only working on wifi and not mobile data for me since the WP8.1 update! I have to manually open the app to check when im on mobile data! Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ha, just as I was reading this post I got a Facebook Beta notification in my Action Center. I think that's the first today for me.

I'm not flipping out; I was just genuinely curious. I uninstalled it for now, and moved to the updated version of the release application.

Perhaps it's my ever-so-slight southern accent, but I jokingly wanted to ask Cortana, "what does the fox say?", but she either thinks i'm saying "box" or "f*#%&". It is pretty amusing that she understands curse words though.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Agree with a few, disagree with a few.

Long pressing the action center icons will actually toggle. I think this is the way it should be. For example I can either turn off my WiFi, or go into the settings to change hotspots.

As for the clear all. I can go back and forth on that. Maybe I went into the action center to mess with WiFi, but while I'm there I'll just clear all my notifications. I'd hate to for it to close forcing me to go back in again. But I can also see where you're coming from too.

I do get Twitter as a choice when I want to share a photo. I'm missing OneDrive, which is a shame.
Am I doing this wrong? Long pressing the WiFi icon isn't toggling the option, and it still takes me to the WiFi settings.

Zoolok

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Is this how the people hub and the "me" tile will look like now? They are pretty much ruined as it is. Why are forced to use that terrible Facebook application instead now? If this is what it is, then they have ruined the best part of Windows Phone (for me, anyway) - that seamless integration and having everything on one place. Why did they change that?

Jajador

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
It has upgraded the country variant customizations and the phone shows again the roaming triangle even I am in my country (Spain, working with ONO, a virtual carrier). Downgrading...... I will wait for the Nokia official country variant release. GRGRGR

Arda Ozkal

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
For 2g 3g 4g, open the sim menu inside cellular settings.
I have problems with Store now :( It is slow or it gives an error. (I'm in Turkey)

BTW cortana is beta. Don't expect great features.
Bing Vision is now a lens! Check lens' list!
Cortana jokes are really good! They're better than the Siri-ous iPhone!

bemiquel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
It seems that the store problems are not related to the OS itself. The store seems to be down in the whole Europe and part of Asia

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markarmjamtions