List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Am I doing this wrong? Long pressing the WiFi icon isn't toggling the option, and it still takes me to the WiFi settings.

Ok, this is weird. Long pressing the WiFi button turns it on, but when I long press to turn it off, it keeps going into the settings.... bug? Try it when it's off to see if it's not just me.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Am I doing this wrong? Long pressing the WiFi icon isn't toggling the option, and it still takes me to the WiFi settings.

Ok.. Part 2. This is so weird. If WiFi is off, I don't need to long press. Just tap it and it turns on. After that, my only option is to go into the settings to turn it off. So I was long pressing for no reason. Kinda annoying.

Bluetooth, on the other hand, just a tap to turn on, and a tap to turn off.

Yamishi

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
I do get Twitter as a choice when I want to share a photo. I'm missing OneDrive, which is a shame.

This is interesting. Perhaps the disintegration of all the social apps (eg no more Facebook chat) was done so that the apps, once updated, can "hook in" to the standard Windows Phone hubs. Example: Can't reply/like Facebook content in the People Hub until the new Facebook app comes out that allows you to do that.

If this is the case, then all of my fears are now at ease. That would be a way more flexible style of integration, because then, when the next big social network comes along, we won't have to wait for a whole OS update, just an app to be released by the company that makes it.

Or am I just in denial?

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
#1 Xbox music is actually worse. Just read the thread at the Microsoft tribe in the verge. Covers everything really. Especially The non-live tile and lack of recently playing. Once the app goes out of the background you lose your place of what you were playing permanently.
#2 social integration sucks now. Can't post multiple statuses anymore. Using the Microsoft made app for everything is slow and tedious.
#3 games hub disintegration puts all apps and hakes in app list. Clutter galore.
R.I.P. Hubs. You'll be missed

joseph3423

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
EVERYONE'S ATTENTION!!!!!

-battery draining? think how much more you have used your phone today than any other day? obviously if you've been on your phone almost non stop all day the battery will drain more than with normal usage!
-Photos are still being automatically uploaded to OneDrive so everyone's statements are completely wrong.

Yes, there are a few issues, but the majority of you have been far to dramatic about it all. Calm down, maybe microsoft will issue an update to fix a couple things! If not, oh well, it's not the end of the world.

(Oh and xBox Music? It's currently the same version as with WP8, I thought it was obvious that they would update it to include previous Music Hub features and to debug)

mjgerrard

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Removal of Facebook from the messaging hub is a disaster for me. I can understand not updating it anymore, but don't take the feature away!

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I think the title-length bug from the Zune days is back, too...

"Vibrate: The Very Best of Rufus Wain" is listed under my album titles. Ughhghgghghghhghghghghghghghgh *SCREAMS*

Kieta

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Removal of Facebook from the messaging hub is a disaster for me. I can understand not updating it anymore, but don't take the feature away!

I wonder if this has anything to do with FB announcing recently that in the future all FB messaging will go through the FB messenger app?

mjgerrard

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I wonder if this has anything to do with FB announcing recently that in the future all FB messaging will go through the FB messenger app?

I suspect it is yes. Programmatically it must be quite difficult to update the feature, must like office, you have to update the whole OS or bits of hubs just to make small updates. Having a separate app makes total sense. I just wish they'd left it where it was and people like me who are big users of it could get by.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Ok.. Part 2. This is so weird. If WiFi is off, I don't need to long press. Just tap it and it turns on. After that, my only option is to go into the settings to turn it off. So I was long pressing for no reason. Kinda annoying.

Bluetooth, on the other hand, just a tap to turn on, and a tap to turn off.
Yep, that's how it's working for me too. So weird. After you mentioned it though, I think I'd rather have a long press take me to the settings, while a short press is just a toggle.

​Perhaps Microsoft is watching this thread. ;)

ErR0rPr0n3

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
The lack of a data connection icon in the notification center is also the first bad thing I noticed. I hope they will include it soon with some update

It looks like you can add apps to that section if they support it (I'm guessing based on the setup) so I'm sure someone will give you what you need there in short order if that's the case. I'll probably open up the IDE and look now that I am not being tormented by something I can't have anymore... (not promising such a function/app, there are plenty out there that probably just need minor updates if the feature is available).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markarmjamtions