List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Until an update comes out within the next 4 minutes before I have to go to work, I'm not waiting. I listen to music more than I text or make phone calls. If this update broke the phone app, I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed. Back to the 520. Even with half the ram and an inferior camera and battery life, it's must more of a prize with GDR3 than with 8.1

ilektrolo

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
i am surprized why other people does not complain for ie changing tabs method.it is very annoying for me.also i noticed they removed swipe up for ansering a call.now you just press answer or ignore.its a mobile device you have it in your pocket!hope to not answer or ignore calls 'accidentally'.

twelvetudors

May 13, 2013
Visit site
WHY THE HELL DOES THE MUSIC APP NOT SHOW ARTISTS ANYMORE?! FUUUU this makes me change it from a double wide tile to a 1x1. Terrible idea, hope this is fixed asap.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So far:

- lack of new accent colours
- new photo hub. I wanted it to open on the albums, not on "all". Not to mention I hate the removal of the background picture.
- Quick "settings". Completely useless. The WiFi as a shortcut instead of a toggle, lack of battery saver and Data toggles makes what was supposed to be a very useful thing, useless.

christopherbarran

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering, can I flash my phone back?
I have the French Amber ROM on my PC which I used to upgrade my phone back when it came out. Up to 2 weeks ago, I flashed a 920 bought from Amazon to French Amber and it then updated itself to Nokia Black.
Can I do that with my 920? I really don't mind going back to Black if it means I get my Hubs back and the integrated Music app.

Anyone knows? I had posted a thread asking this and it got deleted, guess I am not supposed to ask if I can flash back to Amber or something.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure this has been mentioned, but Xbox Music. Holy smokes, it sucks. Before 8.1 goes out to the public (and yes, I know it will be native on new phones coming out shortly) it really should be fixed. It's horrible. It really puts a dent in my enthusiasm over the otherwise really fantastic 8.1 update.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
- Quick "settings". Completely useless. The WiFi as a shortcut instead of a toggle, lack of battery saver and Data toggles makes what was supposed to be a very useful thing, useless.

I just posted about this in the other thread, iut you can actually use cortana to toggle Wifi. I haven't gotten her to do it with anything else though.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
WHY THE HELL DOES THE MUSIC APP NOT SHOW ARTISTS ANYMORE?! FUUUU this makes me change it from a double wide tile to a 1x1. Terrible idea, hope this is fixed asap.

Because it sucks. The music player in WP8 was the last remaining bit of the old Zune, and now it's gone. It's as if MS has worked hard to make Xbox Music suck just as much on the phone as it does on the desktop.

Cerif27

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if this has anything to do with FB announcing recently that in the future all FB messaging will go through the FB messenger app?

I was thinking that too actually. Since no one has mentioned the social deintegration at all officially, still not even WPCentral yet, it seems kinda fishy. I'm not saying conspiracy. I'm just thinking that this might be something that has deeper roots than we might be aware. This might be coming from FB themselves. "No more integration without our own aps so we can get the ad money etc, when we re-integrate it'll be a crowning feature of our own phone." and then microsoft is all "Nobody talk about us returning to the friend zone with FB! This is our big day!" Ya know? Something like that. Still surprised WPC hasn't officially even mentioned it yet (unless I missed it?). It was immediately apparent and annoying so they must have bumped into it in their weeks of testing and promoting it non-stop.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So far:

- lack of new accent colours
- new photo hub. I wanted it to open on the albums, not on "all". Not to mention I hate the removal of the background picture.

The WiFi toggle is interesting. It's only a shortcut when it comes to turning it OFF, but it toggles it ON without moving away. The BT setting is a true toggle, as is airplane mode and rotation lock (the only ones I've tried), so it's definitely far from useless. I'm not sure why they decided to make the OFF wifi a shortcut. Makes no sense to me, but there must've been some thinking behind it.

Agreed that battery saver is a no-brainer to have as an option there.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Not specifically WP8.1, but also WP8, I used to have a L710 WP7.x and the screen time-out was able to be set to 30 minutes, which is great because I always have chat open and the phone plugged into the PC USB next to my keyboard, since WP8, they reduced it to a feeble 5 minutes, constantly timing out, constantly having to hit physical buttons to turn it back on, or remember to touch the screen every few minutes

@MS - Where is our choice? Give us back 30 minutes or Never option in screen time out, you want WP8.1 to be closer match to Windows 8.1? Give us the same power options then

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon