List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Just tried uploading to OneDrive. The Photo gallery simply doesn't make it an option to share. However opening Onedrive allowed me to upload individual pictures to it.

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Re: 8.1, What dont you like about it?

No Facebook messaging is the main client.. People Hub doesn't have any functionality anymore (if you tap on a status it asks you to get the app) Battery life is abysmal. Music is soooooo sluggish, and I had to wait an hour first time to play any of my songs. I thought they delayed it for fixes.. WTH happened?!

homieson89

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
Can't seem to be able to change text message ringtone, music hub is really slow to see the songs, how do you silent the phone, when pressing the volume you can't silent the phone or put into vibrate.. These ate some of my gripes. Hope anyone can figure these things out.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The WiFi toggle is interesting. It's only a shortcut when it comes to turning it OFF, but it toggles it ON without moving away. The BT setting is a true toggle, as is airplane mode and rotation lock (the only ones I've tried), so it's definitely far from useless. I'm not sure why they decided to make the OFF wifi a shortcut. Makes no sense to me, but there must've been some thinking behind it.

Agreed that battery saver is a no-brainer to have as an option there.

Yeah I know, but I can count with the fingers of one hand finger the amount of times I switched BT, internet sharing or airplane mode in the last 6 months.

---------

- another thing: they didn't add new accent colours but they changed some of the existing ones. Cobalt was a nice vibrant blue and now it's an uninspired pale blue. Great way to cut another colour out of the restricted amount of colours I liked on that pallet...I'm now restricted to dark grey (thanks to Deutsche Telekom) and Indigo. Shame.

thatotherdude24

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
From what i'm reading WP8.1 is not living up to the hype.

It does seem much more locked down, similar to iOS but I think we're all forgetting it's just a developer preview.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
another thing: they didn't add new accent colours but they changed some of the existing ones. Cobalt was a nice vibrant blue and now it's an uninspired pale blue. Great way to cut another colour out of the restricted amount of colours I liked on that pallet...I'm now restricted to dark grey (thanks to Deutsche Telekom) and Indigo. Shame.

Yea I'm still hoping for a color picker eventually.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Not specifically WP8.1, but also WP8, I used to have a L710 WP7.x and the screen time-out was able to be set to 30 minutes, which is great because I always have chat open and the phone plugged into the PC USB next to my keyboard, since WP8, they reduced it to a feeble 5 minutes, constantly timing out, constantly having to hit physical buttons to turn it back on, or remember to touch the screen every few minutes

@MS - Where is our choice? Give us back 30 minutes or Never option in screen time out, you want WP8.1 to be closer match to Windows 8.1? Give us the same power options then

L920 here and I have always had 30 minutes and never. (WP8 and WP8.1).

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I do agree that the music tile with the artist background was gorgeous.

In my mind it had already taken a step back from when it used to use the last artist played as background (so even when not playing it would still show an artist background)... Then it became no background in tile when not playing, and now no tile background period.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Can't seem to be able to change text message ringtone, music hub is really slow to see the songs, how do you silent the phone, when pressing the volume you can't silent the phone or put into vibrate.. These ate some of my gripes. Hope anyone can figure these things out.
To change Text Message ring tone go into settings>ringtones+sounds>Manage App sounds>Messaging then change the tone. To do individual contact notifications simply change their text sound from the contacts list.
Best way to silence phone is to make quiet hours a quick action in the command center. Go to Settings>notifications+actions>Choose Your Quick Actions, then set quiet hours on one of the spots. Then simply use the notification center and enable quiet hours to be muted.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Is it just my phone, or can you no longer position the cursor in text by holding?? Seems like a bug??

You can its just different. Press and hold then take your finger off and there's a blinking cursor, now you can drag it around with the little circle.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwadani