List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Is it just my phone, or can you no longer position the cursor in text by holding?? Seems like a bug??

Looks like now the easiest method is to just tap at the end of the message to get the cursor and move it from the little circle that shows up.

I liked that holding method way better. Or maybe I was just used to it.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Scrolling through it more, I guess my only real complaint is how terrible Xbox Music it, but I guess it's possible they just didn't decide tp update the app in the developer preview. Still indecisive on jumping on the Windows Phone train, I feel like I might be better off getting a Note 3, and just getting a L635 in the Summer when AT&T has them for my WP craving. But with that choice if I end up liking 8.1 a lot that new Note 3 will collect dust.....choices choices. :grincry:

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Just some observations. The Music app, once I let it load completely, it doesn't take but a few seconds to load my collection. Although I admit, I don't enable my cloud streaming since I don't want to chew through my data when I'm on my motorcycle or in the car. The battery sense tile is live, it just doesn't flip, but the icon does change as your battery discharges. I haven't taken any pictures today, so I can't comment on the Onedrive, but the app itself seemed to be working fine. I do wonder why the Facebook beta isn't recognized like the actual app, minor annoyance there. Scratching my head on the exploded apps list due to the games, but I'll live.

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Scrolling through it more, I guess my only real complaint is how terrible Xbox Music it, but I guess it's possible they just didn't decide tp update the app in the developer preview. Still indecisive on jumping on the Windows Phone train, I feel like I might be better off getting a Note 3, and just getting a L635 in the Summer when AT&T has them for my WP craving. But with that choice if I end up liking 8.1 a lot that new Note 3 will collect dust.....choices choices. :grincry:
Music is my biggest problem. I can't unpause music and it freezes now

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Of all the things listed in this thread the two things that really annoy me are:

-Losing seamless integration with services. This is what made WP awesome.
-Xbox Music is a mess. This is a service I am giving them money for. It is unacceptable.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Just some observations. The Music app, once I let it load completely, it doesn't take but a few seconds to load my collection.

The music app took forever before it stopped blanking out on me. You just gotta let it load all the stuff.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Games were in the app list a long time ago, and that ended up being changed back in another update. I'm wondering if they have it that way cause the Games wouldn't show up in the search if they're in there? Idk, but I'm sure they'll fix it like they did last time.

mjgerrard

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I discovered to my dismay that VPN support is a joke. My home server 2012 box using Server essentials built me a VPN, but it uses SSL/SSTP. Windows Phone 8.1 option? IKEv2 or... IKEv2. Really hoping this will improve soon because a big play was made on VPN being new for WP. I can hear many sysadmins all tutting in unison at this.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Can't seem to be able to change text message ringtone, music hub is really slow to see the songs, how do you silent the phone, when pressing the volume you can't silent the phone or put into vibrate.. These ate some of my gripes. Hope anyone can figure these things out.

You can change the text message rington e
Under Settings > ringtones+sounds click on manage app sounds
Tap volume control, press v and then tap ringer off to silence the phone or keep vibrate on or off
once songs are loaded in the music hub it is pretty fast the second time you run it

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
It's just me, or there is no way to upload selected pictures to OneDrive from the pictures hub?
Not from the Pictures Hub, some people have said they have the option to share to OneDrive but some of us (Including me) don't have the option, only way to upload them is from OneDrive directly.

Adretheon

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It's just me, or there is no way to upload selected pictures to OneDrive from the pictures hub?

It's not but you gotta do the work around. Create a Room in your people hub and share to the Room. The pics will be in Onedrive inside a folder with the Room name.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jwadani