List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
You were able to mute everything before with one click? How?

Well, one click on the screen: Press one of the volume buttons to open the volume control on screen, then one click on the bell to mute

Now it's press one of the volume buttons: Then click on the down arrow to expand the volume controls, then click on the icon for each of the volume levels, and there are two, so 3 clicks on screen

Kousaku

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
Is anyone annoyed by the way calendar works now. In previous version you could just scroll down in daily view down to the next day, but now you have to swipe left or right to move to the next day. I would find it much more logical that when you would swipe left or right you would change the calendar view rather than day view. The calendar view feels crippled. Also another thing I miss is agenda-view in calendar app...
*The notification centre and volume controls are annoyingly done... It annoys me that now instead of clicking volume key and bell Icon I have to do extra clicks on the screen...
*Third annoying thing is indeed lack of Xbox music being live icon...

Summarizing: They should fix the how the calendar app works, fix action center icons (look bad), fix volume control so that vibrate option is always visible and, fix Xbox Music livetile... at least that's my list...

Last edited:

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
As usual; 2 steps forward, 3 steps back

What they added is great, but like with every update, the break or remove stuff that was great and/or worked fine.

Xbox music got even worse.they removed the cursor moving up so you see where you are dropping it. Now it is just a guessing game as to what is under your thumb. Data management no doesn't show 1/2 my apps, but shows 'settings' as taking up 9gb (I am assuming this is where it went). We hated when they placed the games in with the general apps last time, so they tool it out...so why it is back again is beyond most of us.
Really frustrating to see them get so much right, and then see them break or remove what they already had right or at least working.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, one click on the screen: Press one of the volume buttons to open the volume control on screen, then one click on the bell to mute

Now it's press one of the volume buttons: Then click on the down arrow to expand the volume controls, then click on the icon for each of the volume levels, and there are two, so 3 clicks on screen
A little more work (If you can even call it work) for the convenience of separate mute options for the volumes seems worth it to me personally..

wizzackr

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Quiet hours only available when Cortana is turned on - that does not make any sense to me. Especially strange as it is not even available in most of the world...

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
A little more work (If you can even call it work) for the convenience of separate mute options for the volumes seems worth it to me personally..

I haven't made use of the separate volume controls yet, Im sure it is worth it, just not sure if those are the separations I wanted yet, I`ll find out when I go to bed if I can turn down certain things and keep others audible

I remember wanting to have a volume control for Alarms, with WP8 is was on or on, loud or loud despite your main volume controls

Kousaku

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I don't find separate volume controls to be that huge bonus, when I toggle much more often between silent mode and normal mode than control volume. Also why there isn't option to hide Volume for ringer and notifications. I don't care about volume of ringer as usually when the phone can ring it can ring as loud as it is able to and more often I have situation when my phone needs to be completely on mute. I would like to have similar volume control as with last version but only visible for either music and apps or ringer and notifications... Also I would love to have the mute icon back where it was. It's annoying that same thing now takes more clicks...

daniel620

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Here is what I hate:

1. New music app: Is sooooo slow I just want my music + videos hub back T_T
2. New photo hub: Is was perfect the way it was... Now is so ugly :/
3. New store interface: Ugly
4. Lock screen: Date to little
5. Games on app list: Obviously waste of space
6. New multitasking close
7. New way to take screenshots: For me it's impossible

After that I love it (I wrote this using the swipe keyboard 😊)

Last edited:

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
The update is NOT buggy. There is not a single case that hasn't been fixed with a hard reset of phone. No matter what you think it is, all you guys need is a hard reset and clean phone. My three phones are all updated and running butter smooth. 920, 925 and 720.

Kousaku

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not really sure but there is also one other thing, which I forgot, with cortana activating itself with search button how can you do visual search... for example to scan qr-codes? And please don't say there's app for that...

tEhLoNeR

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm not really sure but there is also one other thing, which I forgot, with cortana activating itself with search button how can you do visual search... for example to scan qr-codes? And please don't say there's app for that...

pull up the camera and change your lens to bing vision

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
The update is NOT buggy. There is not a single case that hasn't been fixed with a hard reset of phone. No matter what you think it is, all you guys need is a hard reset and clean phone. My three phones are all updated and running butter smooth. 920, 925 and 720.

My 810 is running like butter smooth as well, so much for an EOL'd device:)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisaMarchent