List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

rndtan

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I wish I could disable action center on the lock screen. I don't want someone being able to turn off Wi-Fi. I already removed airplane mode but, it should still be an option. Even a reduced set of options on the lock screen.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I wish I could disable action center on the lock screen. I don't want someone being able to turn off Wi-Fi. I already removed airplane mode but, it should still be an option. Even a reduced set of options on the lock screen.

You can disable it. It's in setting. I went through all of these 300+ posts and most of the things people are "disliking" are due to sheer ignorance. People go away with your phones and please play with it. Explore the new layout and menu options. Half the stuff has solutions that are better than before!! The only genuine bug is Xbox music. We have tons more option than we ever had in any WP update since 2010.

gleneston

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
Why Microsoft? Why cant we just use one account to store email, calendar, and contacts? I imported my contacts from google to my microsoft (.live) account and still see no contacts on windows phone.. Am i doing something wrong here?

anon(5445874)

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Because it sucks. The music player in WP8 was the last remaining bit of the old Zune, and now it's gone. It's as if MS has worked hard to make Xbox Music suck just as much on the phone as it does on the desktop.

Actually the newest xbox music app on windows 8.1 is awesome. I use it everyday without problems. They moved the xbox apps outside of the phone so they can be updated at faster rates, so let's just give them a lot of feedback that it needs fixing and it'll happen.

freshair

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
- the removal the quick "set phone to vibrate" toggle. the new vibrate toggle is present, but it doesn't silence all the volumes
- the removal of the facebook/one drive albums in the photos hub
- "background tasks" for quickly disabling apps. now you have to go into battery saver manually and there's a few steps to 'show all apps'

Detectionable

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
The update is NOT buggy. There is not a single case that hasn't been fixed with a hard reset of phone. No matter what you think it is, all you guys need is a hard reset and clean phone. My three phones are all updated and running butter smooth. 920, 925 and 720.

I performed a hard reset after updating and all was peachy, but now my screenshots don't work, it makes the sound and flashes the screen, but at the top it says "...

haha, typical - just took a screenshot to see exactly the error and it's started working again - anyway, it was something like "Could not save screenshot" - it was doing it for a couple hours even after a reboot

Cool, working again now, no bugs any more :D

GlideAU

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
WP8.1 is confused by gmail accounts where the username is different from the email address.
For example I have user@domain.com but my actual outgoing email (google apps) address is user@anotherdomain.com

WP simply would not work with this configuration and refused to sync email. So I had to delete it and add it as a regular imap account.

Doomguy

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Quiet hours only available when Cortana is turned on - that does not make any sense to me. Especially strange as it is not even available in most of the world...

This is probably the stupidest thing ever. Why would they do that? This is basic stuff.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
This is probably the stupidest thing ever. Why would they do that? This is basic stuff.
Was wondering how come I couldn't use Facebook/Twitter in the people Hub then I realized I needed to log into my accounts again. Now they work fine, messaging and checking in.

CrossedFaith

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Lack of any kind of file manager.

^This. I think this is the ONLY gripe I have so far.

Also for those with a 521, I have a 521 and did the update.

I did the update, did a hard reset, and boom. Everything worked great.

You can try without a hard reset...let everything update/install/etc, and reboot your phone and see if it helps, I'm just the type who resets stuff a lot :D

Edit:

Before I forget, for ME personally, WiFi calling was broken. So I turned it off and uninstalled the app. Before you uninstall the app, make sure you turn it off. Else it will be stuck on for some reason...

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Overall besides my temper tantrum at how crappy the Music app is I quite like Windows Phone 8.1
Think I'm going to start doing some price browsing and pick up a L1520 in the coming week. :excited:

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The update is NOT buggy. There is not a single case that hasn't been fixed with a hard reset of phone. No matter what you think it is, all you guys need is a hard reset and clean phone. My three phones are all updated and running butter smooth. 920, 925 and 720.

I did a hard rest and I did not use the backup. I started fresh. My battery is still falling faster than a loaded dump truck off a cliff.:(
I have a feeling that this will be fixed by a firmware update in the coming months.

thecaringkind

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
The Headline news under Cortana. For the love of mike can someone PLEASE tell me that I can remove FOX 'News' as one of the site Cortana pulls from to give me headline updates. I DESPISE Fox news and its gotta be one of the WORST sources of ANY kind of information available on the planet. PLEASE tell me we can tweak this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MST_1994