List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Is it just my phone, or can you no longer position the cursor in text by holding?? Seems like a bug??

On my phone now, press and hold places the cursor with a little circle underneath...like when you select a word and can grab one of the circles and extend or shorten your selection. You can grab this little circle and drag it around to reposition the cursor.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
What? I still have it :confused:
Yeah same here, not sure if it was removed for certain phones or if he is looking in the wrong spot.

Question: In IE10 most websites would use their desktop version even if I had "Prefer Mobile Version" checked, noticing the same thing is happening with IE11 so what nothing changed? Websites in particular are IGN.com and Tomshardware.com in case anyone wants to replicate.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
This is just a tiny gripe but why are the numbers which indicate the volume now white instead of your accent colour? I liked the accent colour better...

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Found a music alternative. Oddly enough Nokia Music allows me to access all of my stored music in the same view that the old music app did, and I can click and play every song even when the "New" Xbox Music app is saying I don't have the license to play them. Once again Nokia saves the day, and what's really pathetic is Microsoft is supposed to be "The" software company so I don't even know how Nokia's Music app is ahead of their's.

MikeSo

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Looks like now the easiest method is to just tap at the end of the message to get the cursor and move it from the little circle that shows up.

I liked that holding method way better. Or maybe I was just used to it.
You can hold down and get the cursor with the ring too. I like the way it works now much more. Although text selection is one of those things that iOS does very well, thanks to the magnifying effect, this is very good in WP8.1 too.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
How do you change the temperature in Cortana and Calendar app from Fahrenheit to Celsius? I can do it in the (Bing) Weather app but in Cortana and Calendar app they show temperature in oF.

The only way to do it for now (i think) is to ask her to show the weather in celcius.. this is of course because it's localized in US only. So something like "Show me the weather in celcius"

Posted with WPCentral for Android on Asus Transformer Pad

wtrmlnjuc

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
For me the exact opposite is true; one thing I love about 8.1 is having the Status bar always there. Maybe it comes from my familiarity with iOS & Android; I don't know.

I'm disappointed that in 8.1 emailing attachments didn't change. How is WP supposed to be taken seriously as a business tool?

Windows Phone is supposed to reduce items that aren't needed. It only shows you things when you need to worry about them. It was nice.

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Found a music alternative. Oddly enough Nokia Music allows me to access all of my stored music in the same view that the old music app did, and I can click and play every song even when the "New" Xbox Music app is saying I don't have the license to play them. Once again Nokia saves the day, and what's really pathetic is Microsoft is supposed to be "The" software company so I don't even know how Nokia's Music app is ahead of their's.

Nokia music always plays local music quite well. It is a shame now that it does it better than XBox music.
Alternative good 3rd party music apps for you guys:
-Listen
-Music Wall
-Cool Music Player
-iMusic

Posted with WPCentral for Android on Asus Transformer Pad

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess Cortana's ability to use conversation needs work. That or I'm just saying the wrong things. First asked for the weather which she gave me, then on a search suggestion I asked for it in Paris (Which she pulled up lightning fast) then I asked for tomorrow's forecast, and she gave me France's forecast instead. So I asked for "What about at my location" and instead she opened the my location app.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Not from the Pictures Hub, some people have said they have the option to share to OneDrive but some of us (Including me) don't have the option, only way to upload them is from OneDrive directly.

I don't have any option at all. When I open Onedrive app and try to upload it gives me error right after I select One picture. It says "1 file can't be uploaded". Then I press on "More info" it says: All files were successfully uploaded. But its not there

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisaMarchent