List here what you DO NOT like on 8.1.

spyridon

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
You can no longer transfer photos to OneDrive from the photo hub - why they would remove that is beyond me.

Background tasks? That is no longer an option in settings?

And like others, i don't like how games now appear in the app list.

About background tasks, go to Battery Saver, there is the list with the apps, if you press an app that allows you to turn off the background tasks (for example facebook) it will take you to a panel with options for this specific app. The apps that allows you to turn off the background tasks have the word "allowed" below the battery usage bar. Hope it helps.

Last edited:

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Yep...just looked in Settings > Touch. I get Touch sensitivity and Double tap to wake...Nothing about the vibration anymore. Oh well...so far, that's my only complaint, and it's a tiny one :)

I was just poking around the settings, and had the phone check for updates...and started installing an updated touch, glance, and a few other things. After restarting, I now have no vibration on the windows buttons and notifications on my glance screen once again...

ronty

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
All this really makes me want to thank God that I've not been able to download this update. It also makes me reaffirm my decision to switch to Android for my next phone. Seriously, MS had already made me highly disappointed with no addition of a file manager still to the OS & now, all this nonsense makes me want to throw my Lumia away. I'm really scared at what garbage am I really getting after such a long wait. The destruction of hubs makes me want to kill those fools at MS who decided that this should be done.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
You are getting Cortana and action center.....is there really anything else to talk about? Cause that's all the blogs are talking about.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Windows Phone 8.1 doesn't seem to like Music Drop. And given how the Mac Transfer app no longer works... I'm kind of left without a way to get new music on my phone.

JW7

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
agreed with data icon in notification centre (I'dve thought that would be one of the obvious ones to put in there) and games in app list is also uneccesary.

cadaov

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
About the action center:
- If you have several notifications from one app (like Whatsapp) and you tap on one of the messages... it doesn't delete all the other notifications of whatsapp.
- When you use the "clear all" notifications, the action center should hide, but it doesn't... you have to pull up, or press back.
- there should be more options in the action center (data, nfc)
- when you press any button in the action center, it should be act as an on/off switch, not jump into the setting.

-App listing: now showing games, I liked the way it was before.
-Battery sense doesn't have a live tile
-When trying to share a picture, I don't get anymore Twitter, or other apps I have installed (6tag, wechat) :(
-Calendar tile still doesn't show more than one appointment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jruasap