Looking for advice

PANTHERGM

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Hey All,

i am a die hard windows phone fan here. My wife recently dropped her phone and shattered the screen. I need to go get her a phone on my way home from work tonight. I am thinking the 640XL the 650, or the 950 maybe. anybody who can give me some advice would be great. I am not an AT&T Customer but she is. I am stuck on verizon with an unlimited data plan hence I cant leave.

PANTHERGM

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Need Advice

Wife Cracked the screen on her phone a few hours ago. I am stuck between the 640XL the 650 and the 950. What are peoples thoughts?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Hey All,

i am a die hard windows phone fan here. My wife recently dropped her phone and shattered the screen. I need to go get her a phone on my way home from work tonight. I am thinking the 640XL the 650, or the 950 maybe. anybody who can give me some advice would be great. I am not an AT&T Customer but she is. I am stuck on verizon with an unlimited data plan hence I cant leave.
If she cares about the camera a lot, you can get her a 950 but the 640 xl is also a nice choice.

Sent from mTalk

Elbow Smackers

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need Advice

If she is not a heavy windows phone user (games, insider program, etc) Then I would get the 650, NOT the 640 XL. If she is a Windows ****** then 950xl is the best bet

I bought my girlfriend the 650 and she likes it alot.

Last edited by a moderator:

PANTHERGM

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Need Advice

950 XL is out of the question due to price. She has a surface Pro 3 and loves it. She uses just the standard apps on her phone. She wants to be able to keep her surface and her phone in sync. I wish I could get a 950XL on my carrier. I would go buy it this second if i could.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You can merge and/or do what you do with that info xd

Done.

Threads Merged.

User... Please do not create multiple threads on your issue. It actually works against you as any advice gets scattered around and a coherent conversation cannot develop as easily...

Case in point:

I am not an AT&T Customer but she is.

I had previously replied to the version which did not state carrier. I could have weighed in with an informed opinion. However, the version I replied to also did not include the very limited deadline you were under...

I need to go get her a phone on my way home from work tonight.

I hope she got something she likes.

I would have recommended Lumia 950 for the most power of the trio. Otherwise 650 vs 640 XL becomes a harder choice. 650 has 16GB internal and I'm finding 8GB just does not cut it under W10M... It forces too many hard choices. BUT, 640 XL is still nice if she values screen real estate and battery endurance. I've not used the 640 XL and its fans rave about the camera, but I use 650 and the 8MP shooter is no slouch.

Let us know what choice you made.

Leonel Funes

Windows 10 & Xbox Champion
Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Best camera + the phone for Windows fans: 950

Best bang for your buck: 650

Biggest screen + longest-lasting battery: 640XL

Pick what's most important

Last edited:

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
640 used is not a bad bet either.
650 is a great little device.
950 would be the next logical step up.
For larger screen devices, first up is 640XL followed by 950XL.

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If your wife uses Facebook Messenger, you might want to look into the ram of these devices. I thought I heard that Messenger was no longer supported on devices with 1Gb or less of ram. Just a thought.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel