Looking for any great Windows Phone deals going on...

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
My friend just almost spent $200 on Craigslist for a GS2... I'm glad I saved her. However, now I'm looking for a great deal on a windows phone. Has to be unlockable on a GSM network, preferably in the US. Even one of them that they're always posting about here would be great. If anyone knows of any great deals please let me know.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got an email from Nokia yesterday that said if I update one of my apps by November 30, I'll get a free 620 developer kit (which I think includes a 620, a backpack, and a t-shirt, IIRC). I'd say that's a pretty great Windows Phone deal.... :wink:

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I got an email from Nokia yesterday that said if I update one of my apps by November 30, I'll get a free 620 developer kit (which I think includes a 620, a backpack, and a t-shirt, IIRC). I'd say that's a pretty great Windows Phone deal.... :wink:

I do need to start developing again... My job kills all my fun time.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I do need to start developing again... My job kills all my fun time.

Yeah - if I had time to do all the things I want to do....... But instead I'm adding updates at a snail's pace to what I've already published. I need to quit my job and start making phone apps full time. But then... I do enjoy eating... :wink:

When_Bears_Attack

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
That's a bit pricy for a second rate windows phone. Specs don't mean anything but poor software support and questionable overall quality are disconcerting.

I have an 8x and I love it. I'm not sure why people say it's of "questionable quality." Mine is solidly built and has great battery life. We get updates to the OS at about the same rate as Lumia too. We may not have the Nokia apps, but I don't really have a need for them. I'm tired of 8x owners being looked down on. It's a great phone and I'm super happy with it.

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I have an 8x and I love it. I'm not sure why people say it's of "questionable quality." Mine is solidly built and has great battery life. We get updates to the OS at about the same rate as Lumia too. We may not have the Nokia apps, but I don't really have a need for them. I'm tired of 8x owners being looked down on. It's a great phone and I'm super happy with it.

Agreed, I love my 8X!!!

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't look down on the users and I appreciate the aesthetics of the phone but the rub off soft cover and the amounts that get turned in with broken screens to me is ridiculous. That and Nokia apps make Windows Phone.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

They have the same complaints about the Nokias, too. They're just as wrong.

ozahran

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Well a Lumia 820 can be had for under $150 on eBay. A brand new unlocked 8x is available for $200-$250. There is of course the Lumia 520 if you're okay with scaled down specs.

Marconis4

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site

I have to agree with this. I owned an 8X as my first WP, and I loved it to death. I never had any serious software problems with it, at all! The only annoying thing was that the corners peeled. I'm going to get a case right away this time and will keep it on to avoid this. Unfortunately, I dropped it face first on my bathroom tile floor and the screen shattered (I owned it for 5 months). I then wanted to dip my feet in the Nokia world, so I picked up a Lumia 928. Many may disagree, but I felt this phone was inferior to the 8X; it had tons of bugs, the sound quality sucked and the camera wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Further, it was pretty uncomfortable and bulky. After that phone fell and cracked (I suck), my only choice was to get a free iPhone 4 after trading the 928 in. I hate the 4 and hopped on that 8x deal for $199 right when I read about it, but let's just hope that Daily Steals doesn't scam me like they scam everyone else. Can't wait to get back in the WP world!

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with this. I owned an 8X as my first WP, and I loved it to death. I never had any serious software problems with it, at all! The only annoying thing was that the corners peeled. I'm going to get a case right away this time and will keep it on to avoid this. Unfortunately, I dropped it face first on my bathroom tile floor and the screen shattered (I owned it for 5 months). I then wanted to dip my feet in the Nokia world, so I picked up a Lumia 928. Many may disagree, but I felt this phone was inferior to the 8X; it had tons of bugs, the sound quality sucked and the camera wasn't all it was cracked up to be. Further, it was pretty uncomfortable and bulky. After that phone fell and cracked (I suck), my only choice was to get a free iPhone 4 after trading the 928 in. I hate the 4 and hopped on that 8x deal for $199 right when I read about it, but let's just hope that Daily Steals doesn't scam me like they scam everyone else. Can't wait to get back in the WP world!
Yeah, verizon's Lumias are a sad joke.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss