Love this phone, but...

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Reminds me that I need to stop at Walgreens before I unbox my phone so I can buy some scotch tape. Ordered a case for my phone online and screen protector but won't arrive until next week

choover

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Why do people care so much?

So the little chrome strip will get scratched... it's tine, not part of the screen, and does not impact the use of the phone or camera at all.

I'm pretty particular and even I could care less about some scratches there.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site

So the little chrome strip will get scratched... it's tine, not part of the screen, and does not impact the use of the phone or camera at all.

I was showing my phone to a friend he looks at file it over then says "Did you get a used one". I had the phone for 3 days and that's just sad.

aarondr

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Let's put it this way:
I used to have a 1st gen iPod Touch back in the day... Polished metal should never be on a product you carry in your pocket, but at least it's just that small part.

I am curious if anyone does a how-to of the brushed look... I'm thinking old screen protector on the casing, painters tape on the lens, steel wool until happy... but I just don't know :confused:

mcjama76

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site

Like I mentioned, it's a minor gripe. The thing that bothers me though (perplexed), is the rest of the phone is perfect, curious why they decided on this design approach instead of something else that would match the rest of the phones durability.

It's going to get scratched, yes. Does it physically effect the use of the phone at all? No. The rest of the phone has been designed to be "scratch proof" why not the trim piece around the camera lens?

At it's current pace, I will have a brushed metal look in about a month!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard