loving my new Surface RT! will Type Cover 2 go on sale eventually or via bundle?

onlysublime

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Okay, I got a Surface RT through the amazing Microcenter deal (after taxes, recycling fee, etc., it came out to $197 and includes the original Type keyboard) and I am loving it!

After updating it to Windows RT 8.1, changing the scaling to 125% and installing my work-related stuff as well as some apps and games, I am totally in love with the device. I also have the original Touch keyboard. I kind of hated the Touch keyboard whenever I demo'ed it in the stores. But having actually time to really use it at home, I can see that this keyboard can be quite good (though I still dislike key combos like Shift+letter or Ctrl+Shift+ESC).

Here's the thing... I was originally totally set on getting the new Type Cover 2 (that purple is calling me!). I even was in the store and about to buy it.

But then I was thinking... Would it be better to wait and buy it with my Surface Pro 2, maybe get some kind of combo deal? I would just cringe if I bought the keyboard and then a few months down the line, they offer a Surface Pro 2 with Type 2 for a lower price than buying both of them separately. I've seen this holiday season that Microsoft is already bundling things at discount versus just straight up pricing. Or maybe there'll be a sale down the line on just the keyboard alone. I can totally live with the Touch cover in the interim (but that purple is beckoning). Heck, for home use, I can use a wireless USB keyboard or even go ghetto with a USB wired keyboard.

Anyway, loving my Surface RT! :grin:

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and got the purple one, myself. Was going to try and get the touch or type cover 1, because of the price, but went It doesn't need most of those apps, cause you can actually use the real website itself, just like a real PC.

Still trying to learn all of the tricks of using the Type Cover 2 keyboard. Enjoy your Surface RT!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes