Lumia 1020 and W10TP camera app samples

Mr Kaja

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello, has anyone tried latest W10TP on lumia 1020? Is default camera app working OK? Does anyone has saved full-res samples? I'm curious about differences to WP8.1 apps. Starting time, pictures quality (sharpening, WB...). Thx

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
For me on the lumia 930 the default camera app was awful same for the beta lumia camera app, it was so smooth it look like paint, no sharpness what so ever, i can't show you now because i went back to 8.1 for that reason, loading times where the same, WB the same warm colours as norm

Geo Hutchings

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hello, has anyone tried latest W10TP on lumia 1020? Is default camera app working OK? Does anyone has saved full-res samples? I'm curious about differences to WP8.1 apps. Starting time, pictures quality (sharpening, WB...). Thx

If you have a 1020 do not update, your camera and the lumia camera are the best right now and if you look up some lumia 1020 photography tips you can get the most out of it

Summer_Moon

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
I have build 10080 on my Lumia 1020. The default camera app (Microsoft Camera) is simply awful. Granted it doesn't take long to load, but that's about all it has going for it. It's extremely buggy and takes even longer than the Lumia Camera to save a picture and be ready for the next shot. That being said the Lumia Camera app runs pretty much exactly the same as on 8.1. Same loading times, same picture quality, and same shot-to-shot speeds.
So to counter what Geo Hutchings has stated, you aren't really missing anything by being on W10TP, but then again there are other issues with it not related to the camera. I don't have any sample pictures right now, but I'll try to get some from both the default camera app and the lumia camera app.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte