Lumia 1020 Auto Focus Malfunction

jeetu4444

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I guess its a focus issue with the camera...i happens to me sometimes wen there is less light or clicking frm very far

Sent from my Nokia 1020 RM-875_im_india_230 using Tapatalk

chmun77

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same Focusing issue on my Lumia 1020 after updating to Update3+Black.

I have tried both the Built-In Camera App & Nokia Camera and both will be focusing on something around 6 inches away.
I can manually change it but generally my pictures are coming out blurry and to be honest, its an embarrassment to have the Lumia 1020 and take awful pictures.

I am glad I am not the only one who is having a problem with this, but I'm sad that Nokia cant push out a single update (Amber & Black) without cause some awful glitch to their devices.

Precisely, without the powerful camera, 1020 is just like another normal Windows Phone out there.

skavooviee

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I recorded some live videos this weekend and almost all are blurring and some pictures too, as you said, this is embarrassment , I hope Nokia/Microsoft fix this with an update because It's a SW issue. B.R.

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
I can focus fine with the latest updates from Nokia;
12823821823_1a0acb56a5_b.jpg

You cannot focus any closer than 15cm, fact, that is due to the design of the lens.

If you cannot focus (manually or auto) on an object more than 15cm away then you have a hardware problem, NOT a software problem, and you will need to take your phone to a store to be checked/repaired/replaced.

Spider-Mic

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I am not sure about the reason for the blurred pictures I got out of my Nokia 1020, but after repair it works fine. I tried to find out what was going on with camera. It auto-focusses to the sharpest point and than back to blurry. Strange! As I tried manual focus in Nokia Pro camera I wonder why infinity wasn't infinity. A bit befor you reach the infinity position on the slider the picture was sharp. On the infinity position the picture came out unsharp. After repair with a new camera everything works as expected. Infinity is the sharpest position for landscape pictures and the autofocus do what he should do. Also the 2. microphone was defect. Nokia's final check could be better.

Martin Sonnenberg

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi there! I manage to get nice pics with distance objects by choosing the focus range manually . I was furious because i did not be able to get nice ones in auto focus.... So try to play with the "Nokia Camera" , take your moment. Bye

Frankie Malekian

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I am not sure about the reason for the blurred pictures I got out of my Nokia 1020, but after repair it works fine. I tried to find out what was going on with camera. It auto-focusses to the sharpest point and than back to blurry. Strange! As I tried manual focus in Nokia Pro camera I wonder why infinity wasn't infinity. A bit befor you reach the infinity position on the slider the picture was sharp. On the infinity position the picture came out unsharp. After repair with a new camera everything works as expected. Infinity is the sharpest position for landscape pictures and the autofocus do what he should do. Also the 2. microphone was defect. Nokia's final check could be better.

How did you get that repaired? I have the same exact issue

George Shamoun

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
when i bought the nokia 1020 was the best mobile because of the camera.
10 days ago the mobile start making problems, the camera won't focus.
honestly the nokia lumia 1020 without his camera is just a normal mobile
is it a hardware or software problem?
any one can help me?

Ulwan25

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
when i bought the nokia 1020 was the best mobile because of the camera.
10 days ago the mobile start making problems, the camera won't focus.
honestly the nokia lumia 1020 without his camera is just a normal mobile
is it a hardware or software problem?
any one can help me?

Most probably a hardware problem. Send it to NCC while you have that warranty (be sure to not using the Developer Program or else your warranty will be voided).

If you asked me, I have the same problem as the blurry focus so I did sent it to NCC but with Developer Program >.<

B1zzle

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
I have been having the same issue
usually wont focus on objects about 6-10 feet away
sometimes i can get lucky and it will--auto focus AND manual
tried HARD reset, no good. guess i will try the nokia recovery software just to see
i am out of the warranty, assuming it only lasts a year

this makes me very sad because this is my favorite gadget and i go to a lot of car shows and loving playing with the raw image files :(

/heartbreaking

Alfie Gadsby Kane

Nov 25, 2014
Visit site
I think i'm having the exact same problem, I've had my 1020 for a while now, and my brother has one too, and his images look amazing, and high quality whether it's long distance or close up, but my photos only look good if it's of something really close up, but any other photo looks completely blurry, and this has been the case since I first got it, no drops or anything as soon as it came out of the box, did you find a way to fix it or shall I take it into a phone store?

Eaton Hubbard

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
I suffered with this same closeup focus problem, even in "closeup" scene mode, but found that when zoomed in slightly, still in "closeup" scene mode, it took perfectly focused closeups. I am now researching the yellow tint that seems to sometimes creep into pics. I agree with a previous post that we should all research our phone and learn to understand and optimize its features. Very often issues arise from user-unfamiliarity, although there is an argument for making the features and applications more intuitive and user-friendly.
Apart from that, this is an undeniably awesome camera-phone. It is more like a camera with a phone accessory than the other way around. Wife was always griping about forgetting the camera or wishing she had the camera when "kodak moments" present. I got her a 1020 and the griping is a thing of the past. The pictures are as good as the best camera we've had. Still wish it had removable storage, though.

cwf1

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
i had the same issue from when it was brand new. it was a hardware problem. i had to take it back to Nokia and they replaced the camera module.

ChumsFuture

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Had the same issue last yr. Sent it in as it was still under warranty and it works great now. Battery life is beginning to decline now though. It's out of warranty though so hopefully the 940/1040 cones out soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel