Lumia 535 Updates will there ever be a fix?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Improvement?? It fixed it completely for me. No problems with touch at all now

Yes, I prefer the conservative "improvement" since there's a chance that not all are experiencing the complete elimination of the touch screen issue. I, for example, experienced having the screen respond to my fingers even if I wasn't touching the screen (2 cm from the screen, and I can type my lock code) while the phone was plugged in. Also, some users (with the Dual SIM Variant) are still reporting minor touch screen issues, but the issues usually disappear after turning the screen off and on, or after a phone restart.

But that's good that you're no longer experiencing touch-screen related issues with your phone. Are you using the Dual SIM Variant as well?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many who bought the 535 actually knew they might have had a problem.

Chances are a lot of people simply returned the device or just shrugged their shoulders and are living with the defect.
Most people wouldn't be vocal unless they're active on a community forum or some other tech outlet.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Guytronic, what's certain is that new 535 have a new touchpanel. On a French forum, there's a dedicated 535 thread where people share their touchscreen frustration and report repairs, etc. (like here). Recently bought Lumia 535 (they're all dual sim in France) have their proximity/ambiant light sensors visible, like on my repaired 535 (see picture above : http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-535/331929-9.htm#post3052654)

This means that progressively, the touchscreen issue will be a urban legend, Microsoft will state that it was a SW issue.

My new screen is :
a) less pale : vivid colors
b) less "greasy": my first touchpanel had a kind of white veil, if you see what I mean. My new screen reflects less light (noy comparable to mid or high range though)
c) and of course : registers 5 fingers without a problem.

Now that new 535 are manufactured correctly, in 6 months, nobody will mention that touchscreen issue.

And you're right. Non geek people have probably returned the device, or added a screen protection.

Ahzriaz

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I also returned the device because of the touch issues. I also had unintended click instead of scroll, bad touch recognition and well, the same issues as msirapian.

After the fix it is a lot better. The sensor are also visible, the screen feels better (and yes less greasy!).
I live in the Netherlands but it was shipped to Germany for repair through the official Microsoft site.

In short: definitely worth sending it back.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I've made a new picture of these visible sensors for another forum, so I'll share it here as well.

Sensors are circled and if you can see them, no need to boot the device or run Multitouchtest : you can be sure it's the new model of touchpanel :)

img_0001b.jpg

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I've made a new picture of these visible sensors for another forum, so I'll share it here as well.

Sensors are circled and if you can see them, no need to boot the device or run Multitouchtest : you can be sure it's the new model of touchpanel :)

Thanks for this info. But my L535 Dual SIM Variant also has the same set of sensors (two circles beside the front facing camera), and I have not had my screen replaced. I got this phone in the first week of February in Asia, which means that the hardware could be a lot older.

It would be nice if we could see someone who can share with us a photo of his or her L535 screen that has a different set of sensors than what we have, since your "new" screen looks the same as my "default" screen. Nonetheless, I no longer have those touch issues after the 15114 firmware update.

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Fortunately, I had captured my 535 before sending it back to the Care, in case of.

So this was my "first" touchpanel (the fade-greasy-buggy one lol)

img_0001_01.jpg

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
It does appear that there are no sensors where they should be, but it could be that the opacity of the screen covering the sensors are now different for the new screen. I must note that I need to shine some light on my L535, or at least stay under a bright sky, to be able to see the sensors. The best comparison would be to have an "old screen" and a "new screen" taken side-by-side under the same lighting conditions.

Nonetheless, if there was such a change in opacity for the sensors, then the screen indeed must have been changed.:cool:

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Adding screen protector could improve things a bit, but if your device fails the multitouch test, you should better get it repaired.

You can always add a screen protector to a repaired device; but the protector won't fix the initial default, if your device has a faulty touchscreen.

Well, that's my point of view.

diegalex

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
To use a screen protector is to hide a hardware problem. The phone screen should works well with and without it.

My device works well with 2 fingers so for a regular use it's ok. And believe me, I sent to Nokia Care and the device came in the same way. With the screen without repair..

Jhoni Iverson

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep same thing here, when I went to Nokia service center, the guy was like "touch problem?" I told them I have installed the latest update. A week later they told me "we reinstalled the latest update and the phone seems fine". Believe me it's not fine at all. If the official services center can't/doesn't know how to fix the problem I don't where else to go. Guess I got conned by Microsoft!

msirapian

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Again, in France, those who get their screen replaced are ONLY the ones who have claimed/whined on a MS forum or chat, got their IMEI id-ed, and sent the 535 to the Care only after having received a message from MS to do so.

It sounds and actually is complicated, but it's probably the way Microsoft has to manage the issue they recognise while denying it, so to say.

koken_halliwell

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Recent update:

My Lumia 535 is currently at the service center about to be repaired. They are changing its touch panel since I called them first -as I previously told you- in order to order the touchpanel, plus they are also aware of the problem since they have had more cases like mine. I've already seen it and it is the new touch panel that has all the sensors visible. I'm taking it on a few hours, I guess it's going to be nicely repaired.

PS: Changing the whole screen would be expensive but the touch panel is just a plastic product so I think Microsoft should officially recognize the problem and make it official,since it's obviously not just a hardware problem but an easy and cheap one to fix.

I'll keep you updated guys.

EDIT: I've already got my phone back and I'd like to answer the reason of this post:

"Will there ever be a fix?" YES, A TOUCH PANEL REPLACE.

Everything else is just a lame mere try of Microsoft to deny it's a HARDWARE problem. No more accidental clicks instead of scrolling, double key pressing, etc. So everything's working as it should be.

Don't be silly Microsoft and fix all bad 535 instead of trying to make people think its a sofware problem... Or maybe one of those "fixes" could -almost- fix the bad touch panel models and ruin the wellworking ones.

I wish my experience be as useful to others as yours guys have been to me!

Last edited:

lfr_kain

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Recent update:

My Lumia 535 is currently at the service center about to be repaired. They are changing its touch panel since I called them first -as I previously told you- in order to order the touchpanel, plus they are also aware of the problem since they have had more cases like mine. I've already seen it and it is the new touch panel that has all the sensors visible. I'm taking it on a few hours, I guess it's going to be nicely repaired.

PS: Changing the whole screen would be expensive but the touch panel is just a plastic product so I think Microsoft should officially recognize the problem and make it official,since it's obviously not just a hardware problem but an easy and cheap one to fix.

I'll keep you updated guys.

EDIT: I've already got my phone back and I'd like to answer the reason of this post:

"Will there ever be a fix?" YES, A TOUCH PANEL REPLACE.

Everything else is just a lame mere try of Microsoft to deny it's a HARDWARE problem. No more accidental clicks instead of scrolling, double key pressing, etc. So everything's working as it should be.

Don't be silly Microsoft and fix all bad 535 instead of trying to make people think its a sofware problem... Or maybe one of those "fixes" could -almost- fix the bad touch panel models and ruin the wellworking ones.

I wish my experience be as useful to others as yours guys have been to me!

Hi koken_halliwell, did you take the device to a care center here in Spain? How many days did they have the device until they repaired it? How do you do the proccess?

Thanks in advance, i'm glad your lumia 535 is working properly now.

Last edited:

diegalex

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
One week ago I sent the device (again) to the Nokia Care in Spain. The first time they did not solve nothing. After talk with Microsoft, they told me to send again. I hope this time works. I will put the new results.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucasmorth