Lumia 630 Dual Sim issues after Denim update

Ideasondesign

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Few months ago after I updated my lumia 630 dual sim from cyan to denim, I started experiencing several problems.
The problem seems to be triggered randomly. After a few hours of use apparently the phone looses connection to the sims, and therefore gets stuck when you try to make calls, Sms are not delivered and every application that supposedly uses data gets stuck.

I was also told via chat that there was a team deployed to Germany in order to analyse the issue.
However from what I?ve read online the problem persists even with users from all around the world.

Solutions tried with no success:

1. Using only one sim
2. Resetting the phone and using a backup
3. Resetting the phone to a fresh install
4. Reinstalling the OS using recovery tool
5. Changing regions, language etc since I was told on the online chat support that it might be a regional issue
6. Updating to windows 10 Technical preview

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks

Pratik Patra1

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Even I had similar problems with Denim on Lumia 630. At times I couldn't make calls, and whoever used to call me got a switched off notification and WhatsApp randomly stopped working, the battery would drain out rapidly at times... However after doing a hard reset with a backup point everything was back to normal.

Ideasondesign

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Unfortunately for me an hard reset didn't fix it :(

And anyway it has been acknowledged by microsoft via chat that it is an issue they are analysing so it isn't a problem from some content I might have on the phone. And since it was only triggered after Denim update it can't be an hardware issue either.

Ideasondesign

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Another solution tested.
Reset without restoring from backup, not installing any applications and without sd card inserted.
Same recurrent problem happened after 4-5 hours of use.

How could they leave an issue of this kind unnoticed before releasing the update... it's been driving me crazy

Pratik Patra1

May 11, 2015
Visit site
I think you could try a rollback. Microsoft launched a Recovery Tool recently that resets your phone from Windows 10 Technical Preview to Windows Phone 8.1 . I realise that you are not using Windows 10, but still there might be a chance that the recovery tool will work for you.
This link might come in handy:-

Ideasondesign

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Yeah as I stated above I've already tried several roll backs over the past few months. The problem is that the problems persist with any version of Denim or even the available windows 10 technical preview. I think they still haven't nailed what the problem really is and unfortunately I can't find a way to roll back to Cyan version.

I haven't experienced anything like this since I started using smartphones. I guess thats what one would expect from the company known for the infamous blue screens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa